Bass Players That Practice

iancwilx

All 4 of our Bass players take home their instruments after every rehearsal and practice at home - do yours ?

akwarose

i think only one of ours takes his instrument home. whether he practices or not is a whole different story.......

johnmartin

homocidalbennyboy said:
Mine wont fit in the car :(
I used to use that excuse too but now I have started to take it home after every rehearsal and try to practice every day. My problem is I have been out of the habit for so long I have forgotten how to practice i.e. I don't have a set routine yet. Will keep trying though.

I know our Bass players have a strict practise regime - they start with 'ump' and the move on to 'pah'. Don't think they've quite mastered it yet though!! :lol:

Dave Euph

Our principle Eb Bass player uses the band room to practise out of rehearsal time ... not sure about the others :lol:

yr_epa

I remember an old bass player who used to play Eb bass in our B band, he didn't take his bass home as it was too big. He used to practice his bass part with a cornet! No wonder some very strange sounds came from the back during rehearsals!

paddo

MMMMM! that's a real acheivment Ian, to say you only have 3 players!!!!

oopps! thats me done in!!

iancwilx

paddo said:
MMMMM! that's a real acheivment Ian, to say you only have 3 players!!!!
3 and a half actually Paddo - the guy that left 6 months ago hasn't actually gone yet !!! (Don't ask - it's a long story.)
I'm pleased that you didn't use this "Gift" of an opportunity to say that my practicing (Minimal) doesn't seem to have done much good - or were you saving it for later ??

Ste69

bassinthebathroom said:
I have my own! Again though, whether I practice is another matter.... :oops:

I'm so tempted to print and Blackmail.... :twisted:

Of course I do though. I'm housesitting at the moment so I go round there and annoy their neighbours and give mine a break :lol:

Will the Sec

And the real answer for everybody else except Paul McLaughlin - I haven't properly practiced since my grade 8; I last practiced when I did specific practice for a requested solo at Al Honeyman's memorial concert.

This will change when I move house later in the year, and when Fulham get promoted after next year's areas.

paddo

[/quote]ref Ian wilx
I'm pleased that you didn't use this "Gift" of an opportunity to say that my practicing (Minimal) doesn't seem to have done much good - or were you saving it for later ??[/quote]

Would I do that!!!

Not in my nature old chap :roll: [/quote]

NeilW

I practice when there are bits I can't play!

My bass won't fit in the car either (or at least it won't with its case - it goes in the passenger seat / seat well without it).

So... I've got another, older BB at home...

Mind you, I do practice my Euph sometimes too - and the band are letting me play it at the moment, so I'm happy :)

Last time I'd had enough of the bass, I sold the car altogether: you can't transport a bass around on a motorbike (and yes, you CAN carry a euph!)

Neil.

Primary

tMP Assistant
Here are some related products that tMP members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to tMP’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to tMP discussions about these products.