Sold/Expired Baritone Concerto

neiltwist

Roger Thorne said:
If anyone is interested in attending the concert, Rob Richardson will be performing this 'premier' at Uppermill Civic Hall at 7.30 p.m.
rob richardson is very good by the way if you haven't heard of him already!

Roger Thorne said:
In case any Baritone Players out there are interested, on Friday 31st October Black Dyke Band will be performing the premier of a new Baritone Solo entitled 'Concertino for Baritone' composed by yours truly.

If anyone is interested in attending the concert, Rob Richardson will be performing this 'premier' at Uppermill Civic Hall at 7.30 p.m.

Hope to see you all there!

:wink:
Congratulations. You'll be famous yet!

Roger Thorne

Kari Anson said:
Congratulations. You'll be famous yet!
I don't know about that Kari, but I would like to take this opportunity to thank eveyone who has sent good luck and congratulation messages re the above post.

Muchio apprecio!

:wink:

horn1

I heard the premier on Friday night and very impressed I was too! Both with the composition and Rob's performance. Congratulations Rodger!!

dyl

There's a good review of the Black Dyke concert on 4barsrest: http://www.4barsrest.com/reviews/concerts/con089.asp
But, of particular interest to all tMPers is the following paragraph:

4barsrest said:
The most intriguing piece of the whole night was a World Premiere by baritone player, Robert Richardson. Solos for baritone are extremely rare, but ‘Concertino’ was commissioned from the pen of Roger Thorne for Robert. Lasting around nine minutes, it is in two movements (although continuos). The first nice and lyrical, delightful on the ear, whilst the second part is up-tempo and fast. Without question, Robert displayed what a great player he is, with fine full bloooded tone and congratulations should be given to Roger Thorne for the composition
Congrats Roger!

Cornishwomble

Heather said:
Sounds good, Roger!
Congrats from me too.
Abut time someone took the Baritone seriously :)
I always felt that the baritone was a very underrated instrument, played well it has a lovely sound. Hopefully there will be a lot more written for it.