banged my head on a giant willy

Just got back from Amsterdam early this morning and thought I would share a couple of my experiences with you!

I went to the sex museum and sat down on a chair, to my horror, the chair i was sat on was shaped (and looked very much like) a giant willy. I quickly stood up to save myself from the embarrassment of what i had sat on, only to bang my head on the top (end) bit of the willy :oops:

Then due to experiencing "Cake" for the first time, I argued with a waiter that a salmon dish that I ordered was full of bacon fat! (anyone ever experienced a salmon that is fatty - and i don't mean a fat salmon).

A very surreal place but a fabulous experience!

bigmamabadger said:
I remember that museum...
I particularly remember the comics. All about lumberjacks.
BMB
xx

Its a real eye opener of a place, did you see the plastic bum on the wall that farts then blows air out of a tube at you and then winks?

postie

Miss Presley said:
Just got back from Amsterdam early this morning and thought I would share a couple of my experiences with you!

I went to the sex museum and sat down on a chair, to my horror, the chair i was sat on was shaped (and looked very much like) a giant willy. I quickly stood up to save myself from the embarrassment of what i had sat on, only to bang my head on the top (end) bit of the willy :oops:

Then due to experiencing "Cake" for the first time, I argued with a waiter that a salmon dish that I ordered was full of bacon fat! (anyone ever experienced a salmon that is fatty - and i don't mean a fat salmon).

A very surreal place but a fabulous experience!

Just another normal story from Amsterdam I think. I haven't been but people tell me it is a real experience!!!!!!!!!

rachael

amsterdam.........what a place!.........I was going to tell you the story of one of our band trips to Holland.......on a day out to Amsterdam a certain cornet player paid a visit to a "certain shop" cost him 40Euros and he came out still holding a tissue!!!!........but hey I cant tell you that story as he's now one of the big boys and plays for a championhip section band!;) ;)

persins

It certainly sounds like a good place for a Brass Band Tour!!!

We went to Switzerland a couple of years ago and found some interesting museams there but I don't think anyone banged their heads quite like that!!

bigmamabadger

Miss Presley said:
Its a real eye opener of a place, did you see the plastic bum on the wall that farts then blows air out of a tube at you and then winks?

It's about 15 years since I was there, I don't remember the plastic bum...was scared by the chastity belts on the wall though...

Amsterdam is a really bad place for a band tour. We'd lose half our players for sure!
BMB
xx

2nd man down

Staff member
bigmamabadger said:
Amsterdam is a really bad place for a band tour. We'd lose half our players for sure!
BMB
xx

*rubs chin in a thoughtful manner with an evil glint in the eye*
Hmmm maybe it's not such a bad place to take the band then...Mwahahahahahahahaha...

Big Twigge

I remember going to a sex Museum in Amsterdam and before paying, being greeting with a model of a woman on a bike, who seemed to be enjoying her little ride despite the fact there was no saddle :eek:

Very funny indeed and certainly hilarious for people with banding type sense of humour . . .

lynchie

Went to amsterdam with my youth band when i was about 16 and they gave us a couple of hours to wander round.... i'm pretty sure that's where it all went wrong....

Craigsav83

LOL

I'm due to go to Amsterdam in June with Edinburgh Uni Wind Band - this could get mighty interesting!

I hope we come back with the same 40 people that we leave with ;-)

PeterBale

Staff member
I'm pleased to say that we didn't lose any of our members when we visited Amsterdam last Easter, despite an evening march and open air in the Red Light district (although the bandmaster's band jumper did disappear, and was mysteriously returned with various strange comments attached!)

HorniKaz

Supporting Member
PeterBale said:
an evening march and open air in the Red Light district

OMG How mad's that?!

Red Light District is interesting during the day but oh so scary at night!!

We went to the Comedy Store - LMAO!!

Would love to go back. Perhaps a tMP social??!! ;)

I remember going to the sex museum when I was 16.

I was on a PGL barge holiday sailing around Holland. When we stopped in Amsterdam I remember me a couple of friends being dared to go into the sex museum, so we did! I have a vague recollection of various extreemly interesting pictures and displays!

Cornishwomble

I got arrested in the Red light district of Amsters when I was in the Navy, I thought it was a liberal city but apparently doing naked star jumps in front of the Banana bar was a no-no :frown: