Bands / Ensembles in or near Cardiff?

Lisa

Hello,

I am a cornet/trumpet player and am wondering if anyone can tell me of bands that exist in or near Cardiff?

I am slightly looking for Brass Bands (although I think I am probably aware of most of the brass bands in the area).

I am more interested in finding some different types of bands in the area to try out - perhaps wind bands, jazz / swing bands, amateur orchestras...

Any information would be much appreciated! :)

Lisa

Ah yes, I've been meaning to come along to a Llwydcoed practice at some point! I know one of your cornet players - Brian Milligan! :)

Hi Lisa,

Abergavenny is not far, we have several players who come up from Cardiff. We are a friendly first section band. Give us a shout we would love to see you.

Julia

Lisa

Hi Lisa,

Abergavenny is not far, we have several players who come up from Cardiff. We are a friendly first section band. Give us a shout we would love to see you.

Julia

Thanks, I would love to come along to a practice at some point in the next few weeks maybe. Is it OK if I bring my friend along, who also plays cornet? :)

Hi Lisa,

That would be lovely, the more the merrier. We are a Tue/Thu band 7.30-9.30. If you give me a call I can give you directions and any other information you might need. I will PM you my number. Look forward to hearing from you.

Julia