Banding "apps"?

bbg

Having recently caught up with 21st Century technological advances (we've had electric light up here for a while , thanks, to any cheeky sassenachs!) and not only joined Facebook but obtained an android phone -

are there any banding / brass related "apps" out there? I've already downloaded a metronome (to aid home practice of the "presto" in the 3rd section testpiece of course) but has anyone found any hidden gems?

Laserbeam bass

Nothing that I know of, but it can depend on if have Root on your droid, or who your contract is with, as to what is available.

Otherwise have a look round www.getjar.com or on the droid m.getjar.com, and see if there is anything there.

Rapier

Supporting Member
There are couple of decent tuners availabe for free .Torismu I think is the one I use. very accurate.

winterman

I have one specific one under development at moment and another in the pipeline..

But if you have any ideas for an app (especially banding related) let me know and I will see what I can do!

:)

floppymute

you can find a digital tuner on the iPhone, guess that's something you might find on an android possibly?
'G Strings' is a free digital tuner app available for Android. Tested it's accuracy with a tone generator and it's spot on. Once you get it fired up it's very simple and versatile in use.

winterman

'G Strings' is a free digital tuner app available for Android. Tested it's accuracy with a tone generator and it's spot on. Once you get it fired up it's very simple and versatile in use.

G-Strings is definitely a great tuner.. I also use Musical Pro for my Metronome, but there are plenty of half decent free ones too

worzel

I was* using Cleartune on my iphone (also available for android) and it is very good. Adjustable transposition, needle damping, and temperament. It cost me a couple of quid but it was well worth it.

* I've reverted to my rubbish dedicated tuner until I can get a holder to attach my phone to the music stand as I don't like having my expensive phone precariously balanced on my stand.

I was* using Cleartune on my iphone (also available for android) and it is very good. Adjustable transposition, needle damping, and temperament. It cost me a couple of quid but it was well worth it.

* I've reverted to my rubbish dedicated tuner until I can get a holder to attach my phone to the music stand as I don't like having my expensive phone precariously balanced on my stand.
Yes cleartune is good. i know a few people who use it. :clap:

HaleStorm

i use cleartune, but i still trust the man in the middle for the tuning rather than my phone, plus i tihnk the microphone on my iphone's going a bit wonky...probably needs a blast from the compressed air can at work

Rapier

Supporting Member
For Score, for the iPad is worth the £2.99. You can load all your sheet music in PDF files and set various playlists and then use the iPad instead of a folder. Pages turn instantly and no more pegging down pages for out door jobs. With thanks to Chris Turner from Cory for the recommendation.