Band website reviews

Would a regular band website review be of interest to you?

• Total voters

Rapier

Supporting Member
I'll give the VBS Poynton Band website a plug.

I took over it and revamped it completely a few months back with a new design, new content, audio and nice gallery system. Built a CMS for it at the back end to make it easy to update as well.

Please have a look around a let me know what you think. Any ideas, suggestions etc will be gratefully received.

www.poyntonband.co.uk
Loved it. Very nice indeed, wish mine was as good.

Shame about the jackets though. ;)

alks

I'll give the VBS Poynton Band website a plug.

I took over it and revamped it completely a few months back with a new design, new content, audio and nice gallery system. Built a CMS for it at the back end to make it easy to update as well.

Please have a look around a let me know what you think. Any ideas, suggestions etc will be gratefully received.

www.poyntonband.co.uk
looking at the main heading graphic and navigation...seams slightly unfinished with the abrupt ending of the image at the edges of the screen. Perhaps it could be blended into the background colour or shortened slightly to fit in the bounds of the white area of the page? or perhaps just set the main background colour to #000 (jet black) so you cant see the edges? Actually looking at it , i see that the navigation and heading blocks span the entire width of the page when zoomed out - personally I would make it a fixed width. Just a thought.;)

wrightsonm

The University of York Brass Band has just released it's brand new website!

More and more features are being added but please have a look and tell me what you think:

www.uybb.co.uk

Cheers
Mark Wrightson

kp51

UYBB: nice straightforward and informative site. I'd suggest you have a permanent News section rather than make one story a major menu item; and if you're going to repeat the posts in Players, set it out as name -> post rather than post -> name.
;) KP

alks

I have updated the marshfield band website to include a content management system and because of this I had to widen the design slightly by adding an extra column - so the design is essentially the same as it was when it won the web site of the month in Nov 2007. So hopefully its fair for me to keep the tmp winning banner on the home page?

www.marshfieldband.co.uk

alks

Rapier

Supporting Member
I change mine every couple of weeks and still can't decide which I like. Trouble is the templates are provided and I have to chose from 26 pages worth. And none of them let me put sound etc. on.

www.watchettownband.co.uk

And I really like yours Alks, by the way.

alks

I change mine every couple of weeks and still can't decide which I like. Trouble is the templates are provided and I have to chose from 26 pages worth. And none of them let me put sound etc. on.

www.watchettownband.co.uk

And I really like yours Alks, by the way.
thanks. I have done a few CMS websites for bands recently. Including these :

www.midsomernortonandradstocksilverband.org.uk
http://www.pangbourneband.org.uk

the system works well and I was thinking of offering a "brass band special package" for other bands but not sure how much interest there would be.

I Have not used the template websites before but I suspect you are limited to what you can do with them.