Band website reviews

Would a regular band website review be of interest to you?

• Total voters

DublinBass

Supporting Member
The new www.DublinBands.com website has just been launched for the...
Dublin Cornet Band
Dublin Silver Band
Emerald City Swing Orchestra...
...and coming soon Concert Band of Dublin

Still quite a few bits to sort out, but your initial feedback would be appreciated

catto09

Just picking up on Granite City Brass put forward at the start of this thread, having a quick look at the site overall it's a great site but have the band done nothing worth reporting since July?
Aside from the boring "we played at this park on this date" job...no, not really. Summer is our "relaxing" period. We're getting back into it now.

Thanks-much :)

DublinBass

Supporting Member
Thanks Rob...that is one of the bits that needs to bit sorted out...I would be more concerned if it weren't a dead link and went to the homepage for Man City or summat ;-)

Robhibberd29

Thanks Rob...that is one of the bits that needs to bit sorted out...I would be more concerned if it weren't a dead link and went to the homepage for Man City or summat ;-)
Ha ha good point....I think IanPerks would be even MORE concerned about a link to man City :rolleyes:

kp51

Besses Boys BAnd have just uploaded a brand new website, www.bessesboysband.com, have a look and let me know what you think.
Flash menus don't work for me - I use Firefox with flash blocked to stop the pesky adverts, so I only saw the menus when I clicked on a "play" button. People with iPod or iPad can't get Flash even if they want it, so they'll never see the menu. The effects for the menus aren't that special - you could use ordinary images to produce the same look, and be far more accessible.
KP

kp51

The Events menu item on dublinbands.com doesn't work for me (Firefox, IE8 ) - there's a trombone player's head in the way! Even though the image background is transparent, the image is still blocking mouse access to the menu item. You need to move the image down and out of the way (and chop him off more at the waist or make the page taller to fit the whole image in).
KP

DublinBass

Supporting Member
The Events menu item on dublinbands.com doesn't work for me (Firefox, IE8 ) - there's a trombone player's head in the way! Even though the image background is transparent, the image is still blocking mouse access to the menu item. You need to move the image down and out of the way (and chop him off more at the waist or make the page taller to fit the whole image in).
KP
Thanks for that.

alks

Thanks for that.
Same here chopped off too - but i would also recommend that you use PNG 8 graphic format for the images of the 'cut out people' to remove the jagged edges from them. By using PNG 8 you will make it work in older browsers too (such as IE6 - which some people still use) Set it to index transparency blending in with white.

alks

TheFopp

I'll give the VBS Poynton Band website a plug.

I took over it and revamped it completely a few months back with a new design, new content, audio and nice gallery system. Built a CMS for it at the back end to make it easy to update as well.

Please have a look around a let me know what you think. Any ideas, suggestions etc will be gratefully received.

www.poyntonband.co.uk