Band Contests/Concerts on the Internet

schilke

Do you think there is any chance of Concerts/Contests being played on line in the near future (in the next 3 years) look forward to your informed answers
Schilke :D :D :D :!: :?:

WorldofBrass.com

schilke said:
Do you think there is any chance of Concerts/Contests being played on line in the near future (in the next 3 years) look forward to your informed answers
Schilke :D :D :D :!: :?:
As more and more internet users upgrade to broadband it is something that could be looked at, I'm sure.

andywooler

Supporting Member
concerts on the web

At least 2 concerts have already been broadcast over the web by the Cyberband, members of the brassband mailing list. I did the first one from an Internet Cafe in London with Nigel Horne conducting.

Cornishwomble

I can't see any reason why exisiting contests like the national finals couldn't be fed live over the internet.
People online could then vote for their favourite performance and there coule be a "cyber" award from those votes to the best band!

Naomi McFadyen

Moy said:
lynchie said:
i'm thinking it could open up whole new kinds of cheating in contests!
OOOOO "New kinds of cheating"
Yea new kinds of cheating...
like the adjudicators having computers in the box so they can log onto the net and see what band is playing...

Maybe they already do that though! (only without the net bit) :shock:

lynchie

or bands feeding through recordings on some parts, or using modulators to improve intonation...

Railybobs

The BBC put Listen To The Band on the web for you to hear all week if you miss it. but seems it's only half an hour long now I don't see much point. GMR Brass ten times better.

Dave Euph

Interesting idea, but I don't think anything could beat contesting all together in one grand arena. The visual area (band presentation, etc) is all removed.

PeterBale

Staff member
onedrummeruk said:
Playing the piece from your own bandroom and not bother going to a venue !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Even better still - no waiting for the percussion to get set up :!: :wink: :lol: