Baby Players

Trom41821

:!: I must be a late starter :!:
Started on Tenor Horn at secondary school aged 11, moved to baritone when I was 19ish, onto Euph when I was 24 and added Trombone about 5 years ago.

andyp

Going completely the opposite way, our 2nd bari started at the age of 64, having never read music in his life (although he was a fantastic busker on the piano!), and is still playing at 71.

You're never too old to start...........

groovy

Trumpet at 8, Flugel about 10, euph at 11ish and trombone at 13. Now just doing euph and trom, but my teacher keeps threatening me with the Eb bass!! eeeek....keep it away!
It turned out I was too much of a loony to stay in the "sensible" baritone sectione, so I was chucked in with the trombones and I'm not moving!I still play euph in the school wind band and as a solo instrument though.

Accidental

Supporting Member
I started just before I was 7. I really wanted to play baritone sax but it was nearly as big as me, or cornet but I couldn't hold it up properly.... I was given a horn because it sat in my lap nicely! I've changed instruments loads of times, but always seem to end up back at horn. My dad started at the same time to keep me company at band, I think he was 41.

:shock: I just worked out how long I've been playing. All those years and I'm still pants. Scary!

stopher

The way I've been playing the last two weeks, sound as if I only started a month ago!

I was 81/2 - still got my first report which said "Chris Could make quite a good musician with more practice. 16 years later, they are still sayi g the same thing"