Arrangers/Composers - Up and comers!!

bassinthebathroom

Nadia said:
Theres a great young composer at Salford called Neil Bowden. Both college band and ybs have played works of his, along with EYMS i think. And I believe Jagrins are publishing some of his music soon. :tup

This is true. Also highly recommend this guy. His compositions follow in the vein of a lot of movie music, plus he is becoming more diverse as a composer. Really is a name to watch. You heard it here first... :D

Ste69

bassinthebathroom said:
Nadia said:
Theres a great young composer at Salford called Neil Bowden. Both college band and ybs have played works of his, along with EYMS i think. And I believe Jagrins are publishing some of his music soon. :tup

This is true. Also highly recommend this guy. His compositions follow in the vein of a lot of movie music, plus he is becoming more diverse as a composer. Really is a name to watch. You heard it here first... :D

Actually I heard it first when we played "Conquest" back in January :lol:

meeglioni

tim said:
Dave Euph said:
Pete Meechan has done some fine stuff, lthough I'm not sure how much has actually been published yet.

Im not sure pete meechan is up and coming... I think he has arrived!!!Heard his euph concerto recently for the first time and was blown away by some fantastic writing!!!

I think he has some publications coming out very soon in paticulary his euph concerto! You'd have to ask the man himself though.

I saw Peter in Glasgow at the weekend.

Several of his pieces (including his new euphonium concerto - recorded on David Thornton's new CD) are now available from Prima Vista - their website is http://www.primavistamusikk.com/

I'm sure if you want any more info about him you could e-mail or PM him, or go to his website: www.petemeechan.com

Thanks

Don M

Primary

tMP Assistant
Here are some related products that tMP members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to tMP’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to tMP discussions about these products.