Argos ads or homebase ads....

Which ad is more annoying, Argos or Homebase?

• Total voters

timbloke

Which one is more annoying? The Argos ads with what's-her-name swahili or whatever and richard e grant, or the Homebase ones with Bob the Builder and whats-her-face-with-the-lips....

just a random question i thought i'd put to you all....

dyl

Surely the Halifax ads are more annoying?

'Who gives you extra....' - bugger off or I'll give you an extra large slap right in the middle of your smug little face!

rutty

Nothing is as annoying as that Hedex advert, that actually GIVES me headache. You know the one, it's on it's third rotation at least:

mumcanIhavearabbitmumcanIhavearabbitmumcanIhavearabbitmumcanIhavearabbit...etc etc etc

Aaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrgggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhh! :x

Naomi McFadyen

rutty said:
Nothing is as annoying as that Hedex advert, that actually GIVES me headache. You know the one, it's on it's third rotation at least:

mumcanIhavearabbitmumcanIhavearabbitmumcanIhavearabbitmumcanIhavearabbit...etc etc etc

Aaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrgggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhh! :x

lmao!
the advert works then :p
It's one of these things were the ad gives you the headache,
which then makes you buy the product it's selling... ;-)

dyl said:
Surely the Halifax ads are more annoying?

'Who gives you extra....' - *beep* off or I'll give you an extra large slap right in the middle of your smug little face!

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

They're both annoying but for me it has to be the Argos one's - I just can't stand anything with Richard E Grant in (I usually turn over instantly he is on).

Reminds me of one of the worst evening I have ever spent when my flat mate forced me to watch Withnail and I - possibly the most unamusing film ever made.

PeterBale

Staff member
dyl said:
Cantonian said:
By the reaction it can be seen that all of these ads. work.
I doubt it - cos there's no way Halifax are going to get any business off me! ;)

I remember many years ago seeing the same advert about 5 times in an evening - I think it was for Axminster carpets, and my dad vowed he would never, ever buy an Axminster again. The other that gets me down at present is when you get the same advert plastered along the whole length of an escalator on the tube - another turn-off for me, I'm afraid!

Cornishwomble

I have to go for the Argos adds. Not so much for the ads themselves but because now whenever I go into Argos its full of donuts walking round with stupid cheesy grins saying "Arguus" as though its the funniest joke in the world. Which it isn't

Pythagoras

Roy Taylor said:
..........and as to that bloody woman on the Tescos ads
Don't get me started on those Tesco ads! Hated the Sommerfield ones with the really smug smart-a**e woman as well. And before anybody says that that means the ad has worked, I sometimes shop at Tesco because their Value range is reasonable, whereas Sommerfield Basics is like eating catfood.

Highams

Nothing beats Channel 5 for the worst daytime ads !

Are you a home owner ??????? or call the national accident helpline etc.etc. Any programme worth watching (I know it's rare) on 5 has to be taped so you can fast forward the breaks.

www.euph9.freeserve.co.uk

Naomi McFadyen

hehe, yea, the Fosters ads are good...

One of my friends told me that Fosters tasted like Kangaroo wee :? ...then gave me a can, lol!
Having not drunk any kangaroo wee I wouldn't know if that was true...

Yea, lol, back to ads!

Cantonian

The worst ads are the 'ambulance chaser ' ones.
"Have you fallen off your donkey in work? Then give us a ring and we'll make an ass of your employer and hopefully put him out of business whilst getting you a grand in compo and our (no win, no fee) massive costs fee!

rant over.