Area Pieces 2012

BassBlaster

The snippet I heard on the Website selling the piece sounds good, (better than flying dutchman anyway), it does say that its a 2nd section standard, not that means anything really, i`m a bass player, always at that standard. Blagging it all the way :)

Laserbeam bass

If my maths is right and the exchange rate on google is correct for Swiss Francs, the Moren piece comes out at approx £125.00 for parts and score. Assuming that the area entry fee will go up as well, the cost of entering could be a very expensive weekend!

WoodenFlugel

Staff member
Section 1:
Mountain Views (Bertrand Moren) Obrasso-Verlag

Thank gawd, not an overture, or by Berlioz, or arranged by Frank Wright. I've no idea what this piece is like (I'll have to listen to the sound clip on Just Brass's website tomorrow) but right now I'm just happy to get something different from the stuff they've been picking for the last couple of years. Good to see Cross Petonce as well. Lovely 2nd movement.

Adamskied

Have heard over the last couple of days that
the top section areas piece is likely to be
Devil in the Deep Blue Sea, some reliable
sources have told me.

Anyone else heard this?????

<Sigh> here we go.....

Wait and see non-believer. Lol

Yep. Every year for at least the last decade...

No

Play nice 13B

See AD's reply below

.... in fact ever since it was written 19years ago

All you non-believers, I told you huh?

Got my second one right now after Isiah 40 a few years ago.

lol

Rob

All you non-believers, I told you huh?

Got my second one right now after Isiah 40 a few years ago.

lol

Wow! Where do you get these sources from?? I bet a lot of bands would kill for this kind of early information! What year was Isaiah 40 the test piece? Was it for the Champ section?

Adamskied

So do you want to know what the 2013 piece will be then?

If I consult my crystal Trombone am sure I will get some help from the Old Trombone players in the heavens... :tongue:

Owen

The English Folk Song Suite is one of my all time favourites - great music in there. It is almost enough to make me want to come out of retirement and play in the 4th section next year!

sbandsman

Any one know anything about Olympus (Other than it was written 2011 for 3rd section) I know it is on the disk but not got it yet!