Area performance recorded?

Griffis

After being in the Yorkshire Areas today (Sunday 7th March) I noticed that there were microphones set up on the stage. Does anybody know if the bands were recorded for a CD, or to be broadcast on the radio?

Moy

We were told that about the Scottish area anyway.
Have the chance of buying on the day at a cheaper price as well.

eckyboy

Moy said:
We were told that about the Scottish area anyway.
Have the chance of buying on the day at a cheaper price as well.
I never heard about that Moira-is it just your own performance or others too to fill it up.

Aidan

yeah dewi, would be good to hear the recording. I'm sure someone will appear with one at band. good result mate :D

Hi Alec

Doyen will be recording the Scottish. It will be just your own band's performance that you can purchase after you have played. They did it at the Scottish Open as well. Your secretary should have a letter about it.

Borfeo

I never heard about that Moira-is it just your own performance or others too to fill it up.

Sounds like Mr Todds operating on a "need to know" basis Eck, get onto him at the next rehearsal

All being recorded by Doyen I'm sure, and I think the band has to purchase 5 cds at something like £5.

eckyboy

Thanks Alexandra,cheers for that
Hey Mark,if JT's hiding things there wo'nt be another rehearsal :evil:
Only joking John,Mark made me say that :lol:

johnflugel

Your band stage rep will have a copy - was given to them with the judges remark sheet. Some of our band heard it last night in the bandrooms bar - I am looking forward to hearing ours.

Dinie said:
Anybody know if they does this at the Midlands area?
I don't think so. Not 100% sure but I can't remember any microphones or hearing a recording of the band's performance when i played at the midlands area.