Anyone going to the Open

davidsait

I've found that they always have a couple of rows at the very back of the hall still available (I've turned up several times just on the day), and what with the superb acoustics, you can still hear absolutley every note thats played.

Don't you worry Jo, I'll be talking all the way to Birmingham annoying the **** off everyone. The time will fly by and you wont even think about being tired!

Jayne

Edited: (RT)

yorkie19

SoloBaritone said:
I thought you were coming down with us Sam? It killed me last year getting up that early!!

Jayne

We were going to, but the wee fella goes to his dad's on Friday so we thought we'd have a lie-in and drive down. It's a bit easier that way.

yorkie19

jo said:
yorkie19 said:
Having just booked my ticket (now there is a novelty), the Symphony Hall website says it's a noon start. Oh the joy of not having to be in Rothwell for a 6am start for Birmingham!

6am????? no one mentioned that...is it too late to change my mind about playing?! think I will just take my sleeping bag to fridays rehearsal

It could be a 7am start. It was 6am last year. Check with Woody

Darth_Tuba

Hmmm... seem to be a lot of people going to prop this bar up! Best have a lot of staff on or else it might fall over the other way! :wink:

Aidan

if it's anything like the red cow the barstaff should be used to it going "the other way" ;)

twigglet

Am definately going now, managed to persuade my boss to give me a day off work and I am most definately not driving!! (i'll pace myself and eat first this time though rach :D )

So Chris I can buy you your birthday drink, and hopefully see lots of tMPs/yabbers/nybbers along the way!

twigglet said:
(i'll pace myself and eat first this time though rach :D )

Awww! You never know.... it might be me this time... then both you & Chris have to return the favour (and I'm sure there's a 'beurgh' in there somewhere!!!! :roll: )

Darth_Tuba

It did deserve a "beurgh" in itself, hence the cheeky wink :wink: I am still getting round to planning the weekend... might be moving stuff into my new flat on Sunday, so waking up that morning in Brum might not be the best of starts! :?

Bariman

18 bands, 17 mins (approx?), 5 mins change over (hopefully) equates to about 6 1/2 hours. Then there's the sitting around waiting for the adjudicators, all the awards and speeches so it could be 9 o'clock!