Anyone going to Bromsgrove (or been there)?

DublinBass

Supporting Member
Both my wife and I are going to Bromsgrove Brass Band camp (early August). Anybody else going? Anybody else already gone that can tell us what it will be like?

Well Worth It

If it's held where I think it'll be, then the campus is really pleasant with pretty good facilities.
Food is pretty poor on site, though.
Seem to remember someone leaving a distinctive message for the chef, written in spaghetti and sent back.
Short walk into town, bars and quality food emporiums (emporii?) on the way.

Keppler

Staff member
emporia (?)

Nice place - interesting people. Dodgy food sometimes (although if you live on salad you'll do ok)

imthemaddude

U must have a love of chicken for breakfast, dinner and tea ooo and a curry on wednesday ;) I'll be there, looks like some good pieces we'll be playing.

Keppler

Staff member
and people are invited to form the tMP pub quiz team now, if we can wangle that one...

DublinBass

Supporting Member
imthemaddude said:
U must have a love of chicken for breakfast, dinner and tea ooo and a curry on wednesday ;) I'll be there, looks like some good pieces we'll be playing.

Did they mail you a playlist? If so can you pm the songs to me?

I'm going :D :D :D :D :D for the 6th time

I think the food is OK
Reminds me of school dinners when I was at primary school :wink:
but much more choice.

I usually manage to put on at least 1/2 stone in a week there :( but maybe the beer has somethin to do with it

I don't think they have sent of list of pieces yet but should be soon I hope

DublinBass

Supporting Member
Keppler said:
and people are invited to form the tMP pub quiz team now, if we can wangle that one...

What exactly is a pub quiz team? Is there a quiz night at one of the local pubs in Bromsgrove? or is it some sort of drinking game?

Keppler

Staff member
Tis a real quiz, that happens to be held in a pub! Nothing as sinister as the other suggestion. I'm a modly mod, can't condone that sort of stuff...

Oh btw, I'll be there...

DublinBass

Supporting Member
Sounds like fun. I'll join your pub quiz team then. :bounce

I hope there aren't too many British TV/radio/news type questions or I will be really bad.

DublinBass

Supporting Member
I just realized that there are several band camps this summer at Bromsgrove.

National Children's BB of GB Summer Course: July 28-31st
NYBB of GB Summer Course: July 31st - Aug 7th
BB Summer School: Aug 8 - 14th

So be careful if you are looking for somebody in particular that said they are going as they may be attending a different camp.

(I will be at the last :) )