another use for the worst instruments

Roger Thorne

Does anyone remember Norman's music shop in Crewe? They found a good use for trumpets. They welded them to an ornate stand and used them as plant pots to decorate the shop.

I also remember a player buying one of our old copper timps and then converted it into a Barbeque!

:wink:

Heather

A friend of mine bought an old battered Euph from a jumble sale and put it on a stand upside down. She had it by her fireplace with a plant in the bell.

nickjones

yes....very cool..tiger stripes

I remember Jeff Hutchinson ( when on flugel at BTM ) had a ferrari red flugel , I think there were black and blue versions too...Looked good.

BoozyBTrom

I have an old G Trombone converted to a reading lamp. Got the idea from Doug Yeo's site.

its quite handy. the lamp comes out the end of the slide and the bell is ideal at holding a coffee mug.

Straightmute

BoozyBTrom said:
I have an old G Trombone converted to a reading lamp. Got the idea from Doug Yeo's site.

its quite handy. the lamp comes out the end of the slide and the bell is ideal at holding a coffee mug.

I've got half a dozen lamps made from cornets and trumpets; my dad's been turning them out like that for years...

D

Dave Payn

Straightmute said:
BoozyBTrom said:

I've got half a dozen lamps made from cornets and trumpets; my dad's been turning them out like that for years...

D

Presumably useful for light music.....

Dave Payn said:
Straightmute said:
BoozyBTrom said:

D

Presumably useful for light music.....

I hope you are ashamed of yourself for that comment.............

Naomi McFadyen

... I'm gonna have to get some lights for my drum kit you know.... I'm sure *some* members of the band (namely back row cornets/Bb bass) would be pleased if I played "lighter"

;-) :roll: :p :lol:

jameshowell

That night light trumpet looked a bit like min last time i went carolling. tinsel, 3 sets of battery powered fairy lights, flashing santa face hat, flashing whistle, flashing glasses, you name it i had it... :oops:

Primary

tMP Assistant
Here are some related products that tMP members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to tMP’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to tMP discussions about these products.