Announcement on Faireys Website

YorksTerrier

'Fairey FP Music are pleased to announce that with immediate effect Nick Walkley has been appointed Principal Cornet and Gareth Brindle as Solo Euphonium. Chris Pannell has also been appointed Solo Horn and will take up his position after this weekends Grand Shield.

Much has been said over the last few weeks regarding the band, most of it totally inaccurate. It had become clearly apparent for some time that the band needed to change in a number of ways - management, players, financially and direction. Now that our contesting commitments have been fulfilled, these changes are being made. We would like to thank all our players over the last few years, many who have traveled great distances for their time and commitment. We wish them well and hope to keep in touch with many of them.

Further appointments will be made public after the Grand Shield and Cambridge contests as new players fulfill their commitments with their existing bands.'

http://acattanach.users.btopenworld.com/newfaireys/homeframeset.htm

drummerboy

Seedhouse said:
:shock:
Where's Morgan Griffiths going to be going then! :?

I don't know, but well done to Nick! Nice one mate. I remember you 'helping out' on flugel with Worcestershire County Youth Band, good to see you where you belong!

Tom Morgan (Dave's brother)

Lothianh

Hadn't Ian Porthouse announced months ago - like last fall sometime - that he was leaving Fairey's?? I thought that he was simply continuing with them on principal cornet until they could find a replacement.

-Lothian

AndyCat

Keep watching the Faireys website for updates, I've made a few changes today besides the press release. I'm keeping the site upto date temporarily, as I have left the band as well, so it's better to always use the http://www.faireyfpmusic.co.uk address, as the site will move sometime.

Phil Green

Supporting Member
Andy,
don't know all the details but just looked at the website and in the players section there are quite a few gaps. :shock:
I'm sure you'll get yourself sorted with another band (if you want to) straight away.

AndyCat

Cheers Phil, but I think I need a break from band commitments! I've more than enough playing to keep me ticking over :wink:

Lothianh said:
Hadn't Ian Porthouse announced months ago - like last fall sometime - that he was leaving Fairey's?? I thought that he was simply continuing with them on principal cornet until they could find a replacement.

-Lothian

Ian announced he was leaving just before Christmas, and intended to finish with them then, in order to continue with Pennine Brass. Which he kinda did do.... but he helped out a couple of times afterwards, and ended up playing at the Yorkshire Area last minute. He is no longer with them, and in full time conducting :D

PeterBale

Staff member
grandfilth said:
edward_allen said:

Thanks for the positive input....
I'm sure it was nothing personal, Chris :wink:

All you need now is a win at the weekend to send you on your way with a smile on your face - good luck :lol:

I'm sure they'll all do well. They're really good players! I wanna no if you can audition for Nicks old seat (Rep) or whether its already been sorted!

Tim

Golden-Hynd said:
I'm sure they'll all do well. They're really good players! I wanna no if you can audition for Nicks old seat (Rep) or whether its already been sorted!

Tim

Perhaps we will see a large advert on the recruitment page shortly!