Am I playing for the laziest band ?

Liz Courts

So far this year we've done one contest and three concerts. We have fifteen engagements planned over the summer and hopefully one, maybe even two contests to enter before Christmas! We're already booked up to do five Christmas concerts, and that doesn't include our annual "sit outside Sainbury's in the cold and play carols" which we usually do about four times a year (because we all love it so much!! And I'm not being sarcastic!). Then our conductor buys us doughnuts after we've played there on Christmas Eve! :D :D :D

Liz Courts

Ooops...forgot to mention that we had a Lottery grant about five years ago, but the amount of engagements I've had to attend hasn't changed much since I joined the band 9ish years ago!! And the first time we played with our new instruments was at a contest and we actually won!! :shock: :shock: :shock: :D :roll:

Chunky

Since I have been Chairman of Cawston the one thing I have learned is that you need goals and objectives all the time to keep momentum going.

It is very easy if you dont have a concert / contest to be continually working towards for rehearsals to be come dull and ultimately poorly attended.

As I say that is just what I have found the situation to be. Keep busy and it keeps the enthusiasm there.

Product tMP members are discussing