All Time Fantasy Brass Band - the MD

Elgar Howarth

Bram Tovey

Can I second BOTH? Because they're both the people I would personally have nominated, but wasn't sure if they'd count as Brass Bandy enough........................

If I have to choose, then Mr Tovey for sheer brilliance at everything he lays baton to.

brownrob

Hi again!

I have totted up the votes. There may be some controversy as some people have been nominating several people. zak nominated 2 in his post, and as i said already that you may only nominate and second one person, i have chosen to discard these nominations, as a result, bram tovey and elgar howarth slipped through the net so to speak but the rules are the rules

The list (I hope I have done my sums right!)

Nicholas Childs (nominated by jones.daniel, seconded by Rapier)
Peter Parkes (Nominated by brownrob, seconded by Hornblower)
David James (Nominated by Dave1, seconded by brassneck)
Bob Childs - (Nominated by Rapier, seconded by ian perks)
Alan Withington (Nominated by ian perks, seconded by alangiff3)
Richard Evans (Nominated by Hornmaster, seconded by stevo700)
David King - (Nominated by 007ish, seconded by snazzy_cornet_sound)
Harry Mortimer - (Nominated by bbg, seconded by Nikki T)

Ill get a poll up or these guys and start a new post for Principal Cornet

markh

"There may be some controversy as some people have been nominating several people. zak nominated 2 in his post, and as i said already that you may only nominate and second one person, i have chosen to discard these nominations, as a result, bram tovey and elgar howarth slipped through the net so to speak but the rules are the rules"

Am I the only one who finds this a bit pathetic? I could have nominated my cat and, as long as I didn't nominate anyoone else and my wife seconded it, he would get in the poll above Bram Tovey?

I guess that's true as rules are rules

MrsDoyle

Supporting Member
I could have nominated my cat and, as long as I didn't nominate anyoone else and my wife seconded it, he would get in the poll above Bram Tovey?

That made me snort into my conflakes. Would your cat get past the polling process though?? ;-)

Anno Draconis

There may be some controversy as some people have been nominating several people. zak nominated 2 in his post, and as i said already that you may only nominate and second one person, i have chosen to discard these nominations, as a result, bram tovey and elgar howarth slipped through the net so to speak but the rules are the rules

Hmm. Well, your poll, I guess, but seems harsh.

Incidentally 4BR have a story which illustrates why I think so much of Mr Tovey:

http://www.4barsrest.com/news/detail.asp?id=10228

I can just imagine trying to get Kent Nagano to do this. Not.