All Time Fantasy Brass Band - the MD

brownrob

Following on from a discussionI read about the greatest players, I thought it would be a cool idea to get some nominations and run some polls to see who the general public of TMP would have in their all time band lineup.

Rules are that someone nominates a person and then added to the list when they are seconded by another user. One user may nominate and second one MD, or their vote is disregarded.

I think I will start at the very top, and start with the MD, the first 8 to ne nominated and seconded will go forward to the poll! I will try to keep the list updated as much as I can

I will use this as the reference post and link more positions as I go on. Only discussion for MD please!

My nomination

Peter Parkes

MD

Nominated

Peter Parkes

Seconded

brownrob

Grr why cant I edit my posts!!!

Is that a nomination Rapier? As you can nominate and second, but obviously not the same person :) Also you cannot nominate yourself!

Anyway... list updated so far

Nominated

Peter Parkes
Richard Evans
David James

Nominated and Seconded

Nicholas Childs

Last edited:
I can see some may get a little confused by your nomination process as it took a couple read-throughs for me to get the gist of it. Anyway, I'll second your Peter Parkes nomination brownrob

Rapier

Supporting Member
Yes, I'll propose Dr Robert Childs, anyone who conducts Cory must know his stuff, especially with what they have won lately. ;)

brassneck

Nominate Mr David James please. One of the finest in my humble opinion

I'll second David James. He may not have the title haul that the other nominees have, but anyone who have had the pleasure of working with him will testify his stature in banding.

brownrob

Cool, I guess I can't edit earlier posts so Ill have to continue on here...

Ok, to simplify the Rules
1. A position is filled once a TMP member nominates them, and a second TMP member "seconds" that nomination. This is to prevent some Joe Bloggs from Joe Bloggs Band being nominated!
2. You may nominate, once, and "second" a nomination, once.
3. The first 8 "seconded" MD in this case will be entered into a poll which will run for a few days. The winner of which will be part of the all time fantasy band

I hope that makes sense! Could a mod copy that into my original post? ;)

Nominated

Bob Childs - Rapier
Richard Evans - Hornmaster

Nominated and Seconded

Nicholas Childs (nominated by jones.daniel, seconded by Rapier)
Peter Parkes (Nominated by brownrob, seconded by Hornblower)
David James (Nominated by Dave1, seconded by brassneck)

Di B

I will second bob childs. Done great work with other bands not just Corys and is also apparently a nice guy too.

brownrob

Hi Di B! Bob Childs has already been soconded, so you can second someone who hasnt been yet (check the list below) and you can still nominate someone too!

Nominated

Richard Evans - Hornmaster

Nominated and Seconded

Nicholas Childs (nominated by jones.daniel, seconded by Rapier)
Peter Parkes (Nominated by brownrob, seconded by Hornblower)
David James (Nominated by Dave1, seconded by brassneck)
Bob Childs - (Nominated by Rapier, seconded by ian perks)
Alan Withington (Nominated by ian perks, seconded by alangiff3)