Ah so you must be...er...

manx_yessir

The biggest shock I got was at CiN and upon meeting 'iamthemaddude' for the first time realising 'he' was in fact not a 'he' but definately a she! If I'd have known her real name (it's Lynda, as I now know), I wouldn't have been so shocked.

Even more confusing, when i first met 2nd_man_down as he has said he introduced himself as such, when in fact, he was 1st man down as the Principal wasn't there that 1st night. Actually, even when the Principal is there, 2nd_man_down is still really 1st_man_down because the Principal is a she so surely she's 1st_woman_down!

Sorry I seem to have gone off on a tangent slightly! :oops:

2nd man down

Staff member
manx_yessir said:
The biggest shock I got was at CiN and upon meeting 'iamthemaddude' for the first time realising 'he' was in fact not a 'he' but definately a she! If I'd have known her real name (it's Lynda, as I now know), I wouldn't have been so shocked.

Even more confusing, when i first met 2nd_man_down as he has said he introduced himself as such, when in fact, he was 1st man down as the Principal wasn't there that 1st night. Actually, even when the Principal is there, 2nd_man_down is still really 1st_man_down because the Principal is a she so surely she's 1st_woman_down!

Sorry I seem to have gone off on a tangent slightly! :oops:

Oh, :? yeah, I hadn't thought of that!! Hmm...

Okiedokie of Oz

I use 2 brass band forums. There's this delightful one, and also one for the Queensland Bands Association (QBA). The thing about the other one is ytou don't need to register, youjust enter your details, name email, band etc etc etc...

As this was my first real contest since I began using the forum, I looked forward to meeting the people from that forum. but needless to say, there was no "Ummm, what's your real name?" but more of "CHRIS!!!! WAIT UP!!!! G'day mate, I'm Rudolph Van Bandy"

I once met a few mates from a chatroom, when I did a concert with Gosford band. They all called me Okie, but I don't mind.....I think's it's a kinda cool nickname!!

Steve

I have been called much worse than my username so it doesnt bother me too much. Should I meet anymore of you though simply "your excellence" will surfice.

PeterBale

Staff member
rutty said:
I've met a few tMPers at Test The Nation last year and we soon got the names sorted out when we got there. I've forgotten most if them already though - that bloke that calls himself "Roger", what's his real name? :)
'Tis a very thorny question indeed :shock: :oops: :wink:

lynchie

rutty said:
that bloke that calls himself "Roger", what's his real name? :)

well after the areas when I sat next to him for ten minutes without him saying hello, AND him leaning across me to say hello to GC, I think "That inconsiderate ?!">@".... :wink:

Good thing someone mentioned it eventually... :D

Dave Payn

Well Worth It said:
Maybe it'd be best if I didn't abbreviate mine.
Could sound like a global conflict!

And probably best is a fellow tMPer didn't come up to you and say 'Ah! So you must be Well Worth It.' Could be misconstrued.....

:lol: :p :wink:

geordiecolin

lynchie said:
well after the areas when I sat next to him for ten minutes without him saying hello, AND him leaning across me to say hello to GC, I think "That inconsiderate ?!">@".... :wink:

Good thing someone mentioned it eventually... :D

Whey, ya knaa, age, beauty and talent before....errr.......... Lynchie!

Cornishwomble

2nd man down said:
We've got Roy Taylor coming for a blow with us soon, I'm dying to know his real name too!! :roll: :wink:

I go by many names! In my job in the navy I'm known as Buck and at the moment at Chichester I'm called "Pervert" a lot due to my love of getting naked and my "coat hanger" trick :shock: :?

Although I think Roy wil be fine thanx!

Roy Taylor said:
In my job in the navy I'm known as Buck and at the moment at Chichester I'm called "Pervert" a lot due to my love of getting naked and my "coat hanger" trick :shock: :?

And these are only the weekday names... :lol:

Product tMP members are discussing