adjudicators scores

batonwaggler

My Contest sec "cornetchap" has found out that at Milto Keynes Contest 8th Feb,the adjuicator will make do with a solo cornet part,or score if possible to listen to our pieces,we can`t give him a photocopy,and I take it I can`t have one as well.
Can anyone please advise on the best way of sorting out a way of getting round this situation.
Thanks

Roger Thorne

Legally, you are not permitted to photocopy any copyrighted music for contest purposes.

Most band sets contain 4 solo cornet parts so if the Adjudicator is willing to use these, supply a solo cornet part to him. Alternatively purchase seperate scores from the publishers for the Adjudicator's use or borrow a 'printed' score from another band for your own use.

Footnote:
Just for everyone's information the tMP team are now in the final stages of finishing our fact sheet on this very subject - COPYRIGHT.

It will hopefully be available for viewing/downloading within the next few days.

:wink:

Lauradoll

batonwaggler said:
My Contest sec "cornetchap" has found out that at Milto Keynes Contest 8th Feb,the adjuicator will make do with a solo cornet part,or score if possible to listen to our pieces,we can`t give him a photocopy,and I take it I can`t have one as well.
Can anyone please advise on the best way of sorting out a way of getting round this situation.
Thanks

You could find out if any local bands have the pieces as well and borrow their scores. Just an idea :D

Primary

tMP Assistant
Here are some related products that tMP members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to tMP’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to tMP discussions about these products.