600 and rising!!

Keppler

Staff member
Indeed.. the member count is rising faster than a taxi-meter...
long may it last

Darth_Tuba

This may be the case, but how many are people who registered and don't use the forum? Or like me have 2 usernames by mistake! :oops:

Fishsta

Amazingly, 268 people haven't posted at all.

And 475 have less than 10 posts to their name.

Fishsta said:
Amazingly, 268 people haven't posted at all.

And 475 have less than 10 posts to their name.

ok, so i'm 1 of those 475, but come on gimmie a chance i've only been signed up for a few days!

Fishsta

Shame you're too late for the "best username" award... :D

Anyway, it's not a race or any kind of competition. The secret here is to have some nice useful and constructive input!

heh, I'll let you into a little secret...I'm not quite insane, just slightly mad!

You'll find me at every south west area sporting a different haircut...last 1 was dyed blonde with blue stripes in it, also done the completely bald and the mohecian.

It's sort of become a tradition now that i'll do something silly, well at least it cheers the band up on contest day! :D

cornetgirl

Welcome on board to the last 100 members!

And big congratulations to MusicMan for setting up such a wonderful community - I've regained contact with people and made some great friends!

Rach x

PeterBale

Staff member
600 members, but only a maximum of 51 have voted so far for the awards. As Michael Crawford sang in Hello Dolly "It only takes a moment" - or is it "instant"? - so pop on down to the awards and make your mark. Even the local elections managed 30% in most areas, and I'm sure we can better that :!: :!: :!:

Fishsta

I'm afraid to say, that's what you get on forums. :(

A large expanding memberbase with little or no idea who really is active.

You'll always get a proportion of "lurkers". You'll always get a proportion of people who join and then lose interest. You'll always get a proportion of useful contributors.

Out of those, the contributors are the most likely to vote... but even then some decide not to for whatever reason.

Any lurkers who read this, come on, introduce yourselves, we're friendly really! No-one bites, least of all me! :D

(Apart from a full moon...)

satchmo shaz

maybe our mods ought to sift the membership for duplicates or maybe get rid of some who havent posted for , lets say 6 months.
I don't know......... just an idea :wink:

PeterBale

Staff member
satchmo shaz said:
maybe our mods ought to sift the membership for duplicates or maybe get rid of some who havent posted for , lets say 6 months.
I don't know......... just an idea :wink:

I don't know that it is really worth the effort of hunting through for duplicates - it isn't as if the number of forum members is that vital. Equally, I don't see the point of removing those who choose not to post - for all we know, they may be regular readers, but not feel they have anything they wish to contribute. For example, I belong to two trombone forums and two for euphonium/tuba players, and I find I very rarely post on two of these, although I log on at least once a week to keep up with what is going on.

I would, however, go along with all the others in encouraging members to post - we all like to hear what other people have to say, and gain considerably from sharing with one another.

Roger Thorne

Just to keep you informed the members that had not posted were contacted recently with a personal message regarding the Test the Nation event which also acted as a reminder that we're still here live and kicking.
After a few days it was evident from the members on line that this PM had jogged some memories and quite a few of these members have now started to visit regularly.
As you say Peter, whether or not they post is entirely up to them.

:wink: