4barsrest

Pav

Doesn't look good. British Open in 2 weeks time. TMP @ Birmingham?

Should we start working on our bad preprepared humour for the live comments?

This was more jolly green giant than....
This was a Welsh Godzilla of a performance....
With a sound like Giant Haystacks, fat and round....
Like Hagrid's wand this was a damp squib..

Struggling to think of any more giants. Not easy this journalism lark.

MoominDave

Is it just me that thinks it bizarre that the main 4BR people don't get involved on here? I can think of a few reasons why it might be so, but have always found it odd that those who care enough about bands to produce the major online news outlet don't even (so far as I've noticed) have an official tMP account to make proclamations with.

Sutty

I think they must be having major problems, not been able access for 2 days.
Nevermind we will just have to catch up!:D

tubbytuba

Go and watch it instead then. That way you can form your own opinion and support a major banding event.

Would be nice but some of us have engagements to fulfil as well,the little events that we perform at also req support so its good to have the info back from contests to catch up on!!

SuperHorn

Go and watch it instead then. That way you can form your own opinion and support a major banding event.

I can't think of a worse idea than to travel to Birmingham, listen to 18 bands playing the same piece with the usual suspects in the first six placings.

I would rather pluck eyebrows for 'Ugly Betty' than put myself through similar pain.

GordonH

I can't think of a worse idea than to travel to Birmingham, listen to 18 bands playing the same piece with the usual suspects in the first six placings.

I would rather pluck eyebrows for 'Ugly Betty' than put myself through similar pain.

I used to do that sort of thing, but it did get a bit wearing, especially the Yorkshire area where there were about 20 bands in the same section. Hard to remember which was which after the first five or six.

David Mann

Should we start working on our bad preprepared humour for the live comments?

This was more jolly green giant than....
This was a Welsh Godzilla of a performance....
With a sound like Giant Haystacks, fat and round....
Like Hagrid's wand this was a damp squib..

Struggling to think of any more giants. Not easy this journalism lark.

More standing on the hard shoulder than giant's shoulder..
A giant disappointment..
Lacked stature..

Bayerd

Is it just me that thinks it bizarre that the main 4BR people don't get involved on here? I can think of a few reasons why it might be so, but have always found it odd that those who care enough about bands to produce the major online news outlet don't even (so far as I've noticed) have an official tMP account to make proclamations with.

They couldn't get involved on here, that'd be a bit like the editor of the Times writing a letter to the Grauniad. It's taken them until the last year or two to make a passing reference to tmp in their editorials and articles 'comments on the internet etc'....

Besides, they've always got Critic of this parish to send messages through if they feel they must.

MoominDave

It's not really like that though - we're not a rival publication. Not sure what we would be in that metaphor... Maybe the local WI?

Bayerd

It's not really like that though - we're not a rival publication. Not sure what we would be in that metaphor... Maybe the local WI?

I know it was a strange metaphor to make, and probably not a very good one either...

Tmp and 4br do rival in some areas though, notably on band news and contest results. Tmp is quite often quicker with news as well, as the 4br team need to receive a press release and then upload it to the site, here it can be posted straight away.

Mind you, it is possible that they do contribute here under one of the many anonymous forum names and we just don't know, even slagging themselves off to keep the cover...

*Bad metaphor alert* But that would be a bit like 'Mary from Bedford's' pointless waste of ink about X Factor contestants in the letters section of the Star really being from the pen of the Mirror's editor......

I would have thought it more likely that they don't feel the need to contribute here as they already have a popular platform with which to express their views. Advertisers to their site may take a dim view of it as well.

MoominDave

I would have thought it more likely that they don't feel the need to contribute here as they already have a popular platform with which to express their views.

Indeed, and one where they can write what they wish without fear of having to engage with the comeback to any great level.

I just find it bizarre that they barely ever even acknowledge the existence of tMP, whereas conversations on tMP regularly centre around their articles - it's like a political journalist taking zero interest in the conversations that buzz around the corridors of Westminster. Do they think that there's some kind of rivalry going on? I hope not - that would be a pretty mistaken and tedious attitude to be taking.

I think 4BR would be greatly improved by a forum where banders could discuss the articles they write with the authors - but creating a new banding forum would be a bit redundant... So I'd propose a link-up between tMP and 4BR - a special section of tMP devoted to discussion of 4BR topics, linked from each story on the main 4BR site. Wouldn't that be to the benefit of both sites?

Product tMP members are discussing