2inabar.co.uk (not an advert)

Keep 2inabar alive??

• Yes (it's fine with minor updates)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I might use it (with a lot more work)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

winterman

Ok.. so, after 3 years of being alive, who whas heard of www.2inabar.co.uk?? Who uses/used it?? Is it worth keeping alive??

I have come to a point where I cannot keep everything going at once and some things have got to go.. Is 2inabar one of them? Is there a place for it in the handfull of great brass band sites we have (IBEW, 4bars and of course here :lol: !!)?

The time has come to renew the domain name and I am not sure whether it is one to keep or leave to others!

The site is badly in need of work (a redesign was done but not quite complete), is it worth my while keeping it and getting a revival going or scrapping? I have lots of ideas but not too much time.. anyone willing to help?

I personally am amazed at the response I had when it started and the fact that people still add to it despite it being so neglected!

Your honest thoughts please?

Naomi McFadyen

First time I looked at it was when I clicked on the link above just now...
Didnt think much of it... didn't even browse...
4BR and BrassBandWorld do me just fine; and of course, tMP here, is a place where you can find out all the "gossip" and stuff anyway...
I noticed 2inabar advertise BrassBandWorld!

So, I say scrap it

Accidental

Supporting Member
Never even heard of it before today, sorry.
Voted to scrap it as the info seems v out of date... I don't think you'd ever really compete with 4br

James McFadyen

I heard of it a while ago, but came across it by accident in a web search.

With 4 bars rest, IBEW and the British Bandsman, it's tough competition out there, I know for one, that I could never have the patience or knack to keep an informative web that people would keep visiting for news and articles, etc.

I think 2 bars rest could be way more sucessful if you tried something new, something which is currently not offered anywhere else on Brass Band websites and of course marketing.

I think effective marketing is really important, if your a big name, then people will hear about your site soon enough, but if not, then it's ten times harder. And although my web visits are not in the millions, in the past year I've had well over 4000 visits, yielding over 400000 hits - and that's just a self-publishing site!

I hope you really do keep it going, coz I think the more resourses the better but as I said, IMHO, I think a fresh new approach to a Brass Band resourse centre will have web users flocking to you!

jonford

I did see it a while ago but I had forgot about this site to be ohnest. It mentions something about wap in the header. whats the url for this and whats on there? something I think would be useful that 4barsrest havent done yet is posting results and other news to wap so you could see it on your phone. but It would have to be up-to-date for it to be of any use.

super_sop

Supporting Member
personaly i think there is always room for more brass information sites.

see how you get on with an update, and take it from there. the more competition there is the better it is for everybody. We all need some sort of competition to keep things entertaining, and it gives you somthing to aim for.

keep it going is what i say. and keep everyobody here informedon how your doing.

by for now
craig (the flasher) foskett

cornydevil

Sorry never heard of it. Just been for a quick look though and think you should keep it going (updated of course). The more band sites the better for me (stops me getting bored at work (lunchtime of course!)).

TheDoc

2inabar, never heard of it before now! gave it the once over from the link provided and with a little work it would be worth while keeping as an alternative to the sites already on the go!