2017 Regional Test Piece Rumours

Scrambled

I find it interesting that when checked last Friday Darkwood - Dan Price was £25 and today it is listed at £60. Read into that what you will - the only rumours I hear are the ones posted here :)

smaca

I find it interesting that when checked last Friday Darkwood - Dan Price was £25 and today it is listed at £60. Read into that what you will - the only rumours I hear are the ones posted here :)
That would certainly indicate the Darkwood rumour is accurate.

stevetrom

I think this marks the first repeated Area test piece in my banding life - played Land of the Long White Cloud in 1995

Different secion though this time so I still havent repeated an Area test piece

Accidental

Supporting Member
I'm really looking forward to Pageantry - haven't ever contested on it before.
And I think it is going to challenge bands, just like Festival Music, Salute to Youth and Rienzi did after people complained they were too old/easy/boring....

ari01

I think it is going to challenge bands, just like Festival Music, Salute to Youth and Rienzi did after people complained they were too old/easy/boring....

So in Yorkshire for example it's really going to allow the adjudicator to separate Dyke from B&R from Grimethorpe from CMFC from Rothwell etc......?

The cat is truly amongst the pigeons with this one (assuming that the adjudicator can stay awake long enough zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz)

tubafran

Sure it wasnt the "score" only which is priced at £25 on Just Music

bumper-euph

Didn't really want to go next year and St. Andrews Variations for the 4th section has made my choice easy, what a truly awful slap in the face for that section.