2016 Area Test Piece Rumours

Bbmad

alternatively you haen't got a clue and would make yourself look stupid if you posted a list and they were all wrong.

PM what you know to me and i'll pot it !
I would have told you if you were nice to me, but now you will just have to wait like everyone else.

smaca

Excellent....so any cryptic clues for a bit of fun, or do we all just need to wait till official announcement?

smaca

Thanks for letting me, so kind...........I cant count to 20 never mind ask 20, so here is 5.

1. Composers of all sections.
2. Have pieces featured recently.
3. Old or new pieces(old being Vinter/Ball era)
4. Any words in titles that could be shared or clued.
5. Who plays the recordings on CD.

Bbmad

Thanks for letting me, so kind...........I cant count to 20 never mind ask 20, so here is 5.

1. Composers of all sections.
2. Have pieces featured recently.
3. Old or new pieces(old being Vinter/Ball era)
4. Any words in titles that could be shared or clued.
5. Who plays the recordings on CD.

1. No
2. Yes
3. Old
4. No
5. Yes

LynneW

Actually, the announcement will be made on 14th September. That much I can reveal.

That's the Monday before the lower section national finals which seems to be the norm the last few years, so only just over 5 weeks before we can all start practising next year's testpieces lol

tubamaest

Come on bored now let's have the full list then we can start a new thread on how poor and inappropriate the choices are!

smaca

Me too :).....I understand and realise the argument its months away so no need to know in August, but I do enjoy the guessing/rumours then opinions/views of the choices once known.

So far it seems we have Cantata or Cambridge Variations for Championship, with Diversions on a Bass Theme, Essay, YOTD or new piece for first section, combined with Ballet for Band for 2nd section.......a varied rumour list. Wonder if any of them are right.