2015 National Finals Test Piece Rumours..

tallyman

So if a southern band has to play it..what will the name be changed to?
We are a fair bunch us Northerner's so i would give all the bands the benefit of the doubt, but come October I imagine "Spiriti by Thomas Toss" or "Variations on a test piece "will be the Southern version.

Adamskied

We are a fair bunch us Northerner's so i would give all the bands the benefit of the doubt, but come October I imagine "Spiriti by Thomas Toss" or "Variations on a test piece "will be the Southern version.

If it is based 9n a hymn tune then we might just play it from the red hym book....might be able to play that

JustMusic has this on their website so Wednesday or even an announcement on Tuesday by Kapitol/4BR (guessing it won't be Easter Monday)

1 of 1
Availability Available
Published 3rd April 2015
Quantity
Back to search results

Search again

Home page

Cat No. JM71990
Price Please contact us for price
Category: 2015 NATIONAL FINALS TESTPIECES

All five test pieces for the 2015 National Finals of The Brtish Brass Band Championships will be announced here on Wednesday 8th. of April.
Please check back on or after this date for details of each work - and to buy online.

Pauli Walnuts

Staff member
This thread is about National Finals test piece rumours - banter is one thing, this is going beyond that so some responses will be deleted.

katieeuph

In all seriousness, and back to the original question, does anyone have any 'informed' info about the choice of pieces yet (I know there's only a day to wait until they're officially announced)?

EM for RAH

I've heard that one as well - and World of Brass has recently added it to their collection. I like it - great piece - and it deserves to be heard again - but there's plenty more pieces out there at the moment which also deserves that stage - Thomas Doss, Simon Dobson etc. I think it's about time for us to spice the Nationals up a bit, similar to the Norwegian finals maybe.

tallyman

Well the wait is finally over it's official,Extreme Make-over it is.......a great piece that will test the very best bands and frustrate the rest.

John Brooks

Well the wait is finally over it's official,Extreme Make-over it is.......a great piece that will test the very best bands and frustrate the rest.
Where is it official? I just had a look at Kapitol website and there's nothing on there.