2004 Banding Calendar

Di B

There are so many calendars out there of pubescent pop stars now I started thinking.....

How about a tMP pin up calendar? :lol: :lol: :lol:

Think we should have one for the girls and one for the boys.... not sure how many people are deemed cute enough here to be on a calendar, so thought I would ask the forum!

So, month by month, who would you like to see posing with their instruments out in your calendar? Remember, there is an all girls one and an all boys one! :wink:

Okiedokie of Oz

maybe a photo of weird modelling poses of people and their instruments....

CG performing dental work on her cornet
Peter reading an encyclopaedia to his bass

or something.....

Keppler

Staff member
After discussion with the co-publisher of "Banding Babes", we can announce that 5 copies of the infamous "CG + Fenella" photo will be on sale to high bidders, and the highest bidder gets a copy of the "Dancing Twigglet" video thrown in...

;)

TheMusicMan

tMP Founder
Staff member
Di B said:
There are so many calendars out there of pubescent pop stars now I started thinking.....

How about a tMP pin up calendar? :lol: :lol: :lol:

Think we should have one for the girls and one for the boys.... not sure how many people are deemed cute enough here to be on a calendar, so thought I would ask the forum!

So, month by month, who would you like to see posing with their instruments out in your calendar? Remember, there is an all girls one and an all boys one! :wink:

Hi Di B

It's in hand dont' worry... I very nearly managed to get one ready this year (2003) for 2004 but we felt there wouldn't be enough time to complete a profesional product and had no intention of offering an inferior calendar.

Look out for further details which I'll be posting soon. I am presently talking to some production/print companies who are supplying quotations for me.

As this will be a significant outlay for me, I'll be looking for major sponsorship on this such as;

- Sponsors Business contact details on 1 or more pages of the calendar
- Photographs of any Sponsoring Bands as main image
- Appropriate submitted images from sponsors
- etc etc...

Anyone interested in having their band pics, or company details on a tMP Calendar... please contact me. :D

Okiedokie of Oz

TheMusicMan said:
- Sponsors Business contact details on 1 or more pages of the calendar
- Photographs of any Sponsoring Bands as main image
- Appropriate submitted images from sponsors
- etc etc...

My idea woz betta :(

TheMusicMan

tMP Founder
Staff member
Okiedokie of Oz said:
My idea woz betta :(

1 - don't discount it yet, I'll be posting a thread soon asking for suggestions as to content. though I doubt CG would pay £££'s in return for a pic of her on May's edition of tMP Calendar... :wink: :? :?
2 - when I have to pay out many hundreds of pounds getting them sorted, set and printed, I need some form of sponsorship to assist.

J

Dave Payn

'ere! Wot about us conductors?? After all, we're often accused of being the biggest pose(u)rs around! Absolutely ideal for the calendar! :) ;-)

Di B

:oops: and here was I simply being silly...... good idea though John, but I bet there isn't going to be a 'Men with their Instruments' calendar though :shock: Then again, probably a good thing! :lol: :lol: :lol:

cornetgirl

TheMusicMan said:
1 - don't discount it yet, I'll be posting a thread soon asking for suggestions as to content. though I doubt CG would pay £££'s in return for a pic of her on May's edition of tMP Calendar... :wink: :? :?
J

I dunno...always fancied being a pin-up!

Rach x

EIBB_Ray

If one is the 'pin-up" it hardly seems right to pay for yourself to be there. Won't that get the vain rather than the cute? Anyway, I believe the original question was who you wanted to see. I'll refrain from nominating because A) I don't know/haven't seen most of you (and aren't likely to) and B) I don't want the reutation as the lercherous old guy from America. Anyway, just getting he thread back on track.

Di B

EIBB_Ray said:
Anyway, I believe the original question was who you wanted to see. I'll refrain from nominating because A) I don't know/haven't seen most of you (and aren't likely to) and B) I don't want the reutation as the lercherous old guy from America. Anyway, just getting he thread back on track.

Well....1) Some people have photos on their ID (no I don't look like mine!!!) so no excuse and 2) aren't you that lecherous old guy from the US? :lol: :lol: :lol:

Lothianh

Hey Ray, I've been editing some U.S. Open photos to put on the website and came across one of you and several of your Eastern Iowa Brass Band cohorts in the hall outside the auditorium. I could send that in for inclusion in the pinup calendar, especially since you're all wearing your period outfits. ;-)

Unfortunately, however, there are no brass instruments in the picture....

-Lothian

EIBB_Ray

Somehow I knew as soon as I stepped forward as "the lecherous old guy from the US," that Lothian would be chiming in (I notice he's not laying claim to any Lechery himself). I should also clarify that when he says "period outfits" that the EIBB performs in costume of the turn of the century, rather than any kind of traditional "uniform." And yes we didn't have horns out at that point, sadly.

Somehow, this isn't quite the picture I had in mind when this thread started. Now, there may be (actually, I KNOW there is) some pictures of the naked band in Cinncinatti two years' ago....

Lothianh

EIBB_Ray said:
Somehow I knew as soon as I stepped forward as "the lecherous old guy from the US," that Lothian would be chiming in (I notice he's not laying claim to any Lechery himself). I should also clarify that when he says "period outfits" that the EIBB performs in costume of the turn of the century, rather than any kind of traditional "uniform." And yes we didn't have horns out at that point, sadly.

Moi?? Lecherous??? I'm as pure as the driven snow... Any copies of the tMP Pinup Calendar I might purchase will be strictly for the articles. :)

EIBB_Ray said:
Somehow, this isn't quite the picture I had in mind when this thread started. Now, there may be (actually, I KNOW there is) some pictures of the naked band in Cinncinatti two years' ago....

Unfortunately, due to us being first band on that morning, I was already away consuming a beverage and missed the "brief" performance of the *exhibition* band. ;-)

-Lothian

Tromgod

Can I suggest the following picture for the calendar. It is from the Lanner band trip to the Dundee finals this year.

:lol:

Edit: Umm, no! This is a family-friendly forum. Dyl.