2003 European DVD

The Cornet King

Active Member
Im definately considering going to Glasgow.
Believe the test piece has been specially commisioned and is a piece by Kenneth Downie.

Should be one hell of a contest, just hope Faireys actually go this time :!:
Bet they wont be playing Enigma Variations as their own choice! :)
 

johnflugel

Active Member
It will be a good contest - Ken Downie writes some good music. The own choice thing is always good, surely YBS cannot do Concerto Grosso again!

John
Rothwell Temps
 

The Cornet King

Active Member
Hope YBS dont. Surely Willebroek Cant do Dove Descending again!

As long as Revelation, Dove Descending etc are their played by someone I'll be happy.

During Apocalypse did anyone notice on the DVD that YBS's cornet section seemed to wimp out of the Super E's near the end??
How's about that for a Own choice piece? Would they dare??
 

Anonymous_user

New Member
2003 European CD

YBS Cornets wimp out ....why dont you try doing two contests in two days, then a concert of the magnitude of the european Gala

Glad you liked the CD

Grezzy
 

drummerboy

Member
Re: 2003 European CD

Grezzy said:
YBS Cornets wimp out ....why dont you try doing two contests in two days, then a concert of the magnitude of the european Gala

exactly. they're hard enough pieces as it is!
 

The Cornet King

Active Member
Was meant as a sarcastic comment guys! :wink:

I cant think of many players who would be capable of playing Apocalypse with a fresh lip never mind after 2 days of European competition!
The CD they made, "Bourgeois in Brass" is phenominal, playing of the highest standard.

YBS are definately the contest band to beat at the mo if you ask me.
 

WorldofBrass.com

Active Member
DVD's

World of Brass are seeing this!
The next DVD is imminent. It is the Eric Ball Centenary Concert featuring Black Dyke and the ISB. We are expecting this in stock next week but you can pre-order it now from this link;
http://www.worldofbrass.com/acatalog/26001.html

We have the filming rights for the next few European Championships so you can anticipate DVD's from these events too.
We are encouraged that there is such a demand for brass band DVD's.
 
Re: DVD's

WorldofBrass.com said:
We have the filming rights for the next few European Championships so you can anticipate DVD's from these events too.

I'd better get some cosmetic surgery then!
 

John Brooks

Well-Known Member
Re: DVD's

Kerwintootle said:
WorldofBrass.com said:
We have the filming rights for the next few European Championships so you can anticipate DVD's from these events too.

I'd better get some cosmetic surgery then!

I thought you'd already had a makeover Kerwintootle!!! :lol:
 

Product tMP members are discussing

Top