16th August 1977

Hey there y'all

Hope you are all wearing Black today like myself!

Today is the day Elvis left us and went to his home in heaven 27 years ago!

I will be in moarning for the duration of the day and holding my own vigil this evening!

Baritone Elvis, hope you share my upset!

xxx

bigmamabadger

I can't remember what I was doing. I know it was the summer we moved house because Jessop-Smythe and I had just acquired a new baby brother and our 1.5 bedroom house wasn't big enough.
I think I was probably at the village Jubilee fete or something...
BMB
xx

Nigel Hall

Supporting Member
Ahhh The Wonder Of You all remembering a true superstar, born In The Ghetto and rose to be the star of Viva Las Vegas basically going From Rags To Riches.

It goes to show that with talent you can Follow That Dream, Party under a Blue Moon, Surrender to a Good Luck Charm, spend One Night with A Big Hunk O' Love, go Wild In The Country with your Kissin' Cousins, write Love Letters to Frankie & Johnny, Clean Up Your Own Back Yard with a U.S. Male or a help a Guitar Man find the Promised Land.

Anyway, A Little Less Conversation a bit more Rubberneckin' with The Girl Of My Best Friend and I'll get Way Down in the Kentucky Rain and say my Last Farewell.

Thank you very much - pass the deep fried peanut butter sarnies!! 8)

P.S. I think I prefer Buddy Holly as well!!!! :wink:
BTW That's 25 of hits chart hits!

Nigel Hall said:
Ahhh The Wonder Of You all remembering a true superstar, born In The Ghetto and rose to be the star of Viva Las Vegas basically going From Rags To Riches.

It goes to show that with talent you can Follow That Dream, Party under a Blue Moon, Surrender to a Good Luck Charm, spend One Night with A Big Hunk O' Love, go Wild In The Country with your Kissin' Cousins, write Love Letters to Frankie & Johnny, Clean Up Your Own Back Yard with a U.S. Male or a help a Guitar Man find the Promised Land.

Anyway, A Little Less Conversation a bit more Rubberneckin' with The Girl Of My Best Friend and I'll get Way Down in the Kentucky Rain and say my Last Farewell.

Thank you very much - pass the deep fried peanut butter sarnies!! 8)

P.S. I think I prefer Buddy Holly as well!!!! :wink:
BTW That's 25 of hits chart hits!

Very good, and I know each and every one of them!

mikelyons

Supporting Member
Sad! So very, very sad.

All of you.

Nigel especially. :sighs theatrically and wanders off through a convenient door, from whence a sob is heard:

*Or could it be stifled laughter?*

Sellers_Bird

The King cannot be beat....kinda a fan meself, but it's a long story! Was forced to listen to a few of Elvis' hits repeatedly, an they kinda grew on me! He was defo a legend tho :cry: :D

Nigel Hall

Supporting Member
Sad! So very, very sad.

All of you.

Nigel especially

Hmmm I have to agree - However, in my defence this time last year I was working on a 28 day trial radio station and a few of us were trying to outdo each other and I remember making up a story with over 50 of hits tunes on it... good job I didn't keep it eh? I do remember a colleague having trouble with a traffic report where a road had loose chippings - he kept saying loose chickens... cue Louis Jordan's "Ain't Nobody Here But Us Chickens" (I have more class that playing Spitting Image's Chicken Song!)

akwarose

I feel really really bad that i said that to him about his weight, i cry every night on my pillow, i'm so sorry elvis. I love you.
:lol: :shock: :lol: :shock: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I grabbed my camera and yelled out "Elvis". He looked around at me so I started taking photos. Then some bodyguard dudes got out of the Caddy and took my film. This really ticked me off big time as a UFO landed in the paddock nearby and I couldn't get any photos of it.

this guy just has to be takin the p*ss!!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Red Elvis

Am showing up late in defence of Miss Presley and all other Elvis lovers out there in tMP land .Unfortunately a memorable night out in remembrance of The King on Sunday night laid me up all day yesterday.
I was 7 when he left us ( so long ago I was still playing a cornet !) but his music and style will last forever !! 8)