Thread: National Youth Brass Band Concert

National Youth Brass Band Concert

Not sure how many members of the above band use this forum, but all I can say is I was very very impressed by the NYBGB concert on Friday at the RNCM.

The quality of the playing from all players was top class!!!

Pity there was so many empty seats in the auditorium!!! (I suppose the concert did coincide with our summer!!!)

Well done folks, keep up the good work...
    David Quinlan
    ==========

tMP Senior Friend

National Youth Brass Band concert

Perhaps the size of the audience was representative of the amout of publicity the concert was given?

rncm is good ad advertising internally.. but not externally.. and its not really their job too...
    and as it was the middle of the holidays.. i doubt many students would have gone!!
    Aidan

You're totally right Aidan, for once! I well wanted to go to the concert in Huddersfield but with it being Easter weekend I was at home. Always the same though isn't it.

Jayne

aye aye aye...
    and apparently it was a good course too...
    typical
    Aidan

was a wicked course, unfortuantly no obermuller or mr armor, but mr scott made a good attempt at the assemblies.
    was er...intersting assembly on last day though involving two sets of identical twins (all geordies!). an evil looking euph player and a percussionst wrapped in clean film....dare i say more!

we all thought concert went brilliant and simon johnson did a fantastic job with the trombone concerto, with all of about a weeks notice..

ps did anyone who went to the concert at the northern notice the 2nd cornet player inadvertantly hurl her mouthpiece at the principle trombone behind her?? ...wasnt me honest...!

simon did it..!??!?! quality
    si is a top player and top guy (and has the loudest whistle iv ever heard) he used to take my quintet before he moved to jockland.
    what happened to the other dude?
    Aidan

andrew berryman was really ill in hospital apparantly
    phil biggs had to find someone else with a weeks notice, simon told us he hadnt played the piece in 7 years or somat as well!

tMP Master Friend
    I didnt re-audition for NYBB this year and unfortunately I couldnt go to the concert because I was away, but by all accounts I hear that it was a brilliant performance, well done. I'll try my best to come and listen to the next one.

tMP Friend in Training
    Tewkesbury/Manchester/ Somewhere inbetween
    Hi again. The concerts were probably the best I've done with the band. Programme was: Pagannini Variations, Trombone Conc, Jazz, and loads of Italian Opera stuff. (not too heavy! )

With regards to publicity, how much do you want?! I think there were ads in the bandsman, and it was definately in their dates column. Sorry I don't mean to sound rude! Next ones are in August sometime, in Bedford and Snape Maltings or something. Your guess is as good as mine!

It is a shame more people don't go to these concerts, after all this is the NYBB (once described as the jewel in the crown of the British banding scene or something like that), and there are so many talented players in it at the moment!! Most of them younger and better than me the .....s.
    Anyway, here ends my plug! hehe.

publicity for the general public... nothin is ever around manchester to advertise concerts...
    Aidan