Results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: New from Studio Music

  1. #1
    tMP Sponsor flashbarry's Avatar
    Join Date
    03.02.2003
    Location
    OMAN
    Posts
    417

    New from Studio Music

    Recent Publications from Studio music, suitable for all bands!!

    Penny Lane

    The Lennon and McCartney classic faithfully arranged, give your sop a chance to shine!

    Something

    Quality arrangement featuring several soloists around the band.

    St Clements

    A beautiful setting of this popular hymn tune, not a fanfare in sight!

    Old Hundreth

    All People That On Earth Do Dwell in a majestic arrangement.

    Both recorded by Faireys on Hymns Ancient and Modern.

    sales@studiomusic.co.uk
    Darrol Barry
    Composer & Arranger
    Royal Guard of Oman

  2. #2
    tMP Prime Friend Moy's Avatar
    Join Date
    13.04.2003
    Location
    Muirton of Barras
    Posts
    1,146
    Oooooooooooooooooooo...has "Something" got nice bits for the horn then Darrol?
    Oops sorry or should I say Mr Barry
    Moira Ross

  3. #3
    Banned
    Join Date
    21.12.2002
    Location
    Manchester
    Posts
    10,668

    Re: New from Studio Music

    Quote Originally Posted by flashbarry
    Penny Lane

    The Lennon and McCartney classic faithfully arranged, give your sop a chance to shine!
    I have one thing to say about this arrangment...

    I LOVE it!
    Buy it!!!

    We played it at a brass workshop the SWBBA organise each year... Goff leds it and then there are 2 guess conductors... (Had Richard Evans and Brian Howard this year)... Played Penny Lane through (Richard conducting) and it went down a hoot! 116(ish) brass and me on drums...


  4. #4
    tMP Posting Freak!!! Dave Payn's Avatar
    Join Date
    08.10.2003
    Location
    Isle of Arran and lovin' it!
    Posts
    5,443

    Re: New from Studio Music

    Quote Originally Posted by flashbarry
    Recent Publications from Studio music, suitable for all bands!!

    Penny Lane

    The Lennon and McCartney classic faithfully arranged, give your sop a chance to shine!

    Something

    Quality arrangement featuring several soloists around the band.

    St Clements

    A beautiful setting of this popular hymn tune, not a fanfare in sight!

    Old Hundreth

    All People That On Earth Do Dwell in a majestic arrangement.

    Both recorded by Faireys on Hymns Ancient and Modern.

    sales@studiomusic.co.uk
    Haven't tried the latter two but can thoroughly recommend the Beatles numbers! Particularly Penny Lane where sop players get to play the famous piccolo trumpet solo!
    Dave Payn
    Conductor, Arran Brass

  5. #5
    tMP Posting Freak!!! HBB's Avatar
    Join Date
    12.12.2002
    Location
    New York City
    Posts
    8,693

    Re: New from Studio Music

    Quote Originally Posted by Naruco
    Quote Originally Posted by flashbarry
    Penny Lane

    The Lennon and McCartney classic faithfully arranged, give your sop a chance to shine!
    I have one thing to say about this arrangment...

    I LOVE it!
    Buy it!!!

    We played it at a brass workshop the SWBBA organise each year... Goff leds it and then there are 2 guess conductors... (Had Richard Evans and Brian Howard this year)... Played Penny Lane through (Richard conducting) and it went down a hoot! 116(ish) brass and me on drums...

    I bet the drums were still too loud!
    Benjamin Tubb - Royal Northern College of Music Composition Graduate
    Now living in New York City, teaching music from Pre-K through 8th grade.

  6. #6
    tMP Sponsor flashbarry's Avatar
    Join Date
    03.02.2003
    Location
    OMAN
    Posts
    417
    Oooooooooooooooooooo...has "Something" got nice bits for the horn then Darrol?
    The euphs and barits have the tune, then the up tempo part, next is a cornet solo followed by a duet for solo horn and 1st baritone.

    Buy it - you know you want to
    Darrol Barry
    Composer & Arranger
    Royal Guard of Oman

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •