Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: theMouthPiece.com Improvements & suggestions ...

Quote Originally Posted by TheMusicMan
    (cut a bit !)

Hi everyone,

If you have any ideas or suggestions for new features, in fact anything you think might improve the service we offer here at theMouthPiece.com, then please give us these ideas by either replying to this post or by simply posting a new thread in this category.

thanks
    Hi

Is it possible to have the next thread/last thread links at the top of the page as well as at the bottom for ease of navigation.

Thanks

Elspeth
    Last edited by TheMusicMan; 15.10.2004 at 00:21.
    Elspeth Hackett
    Rep cornet - Brighton & Hove City Brass

Some people are like Slinkies....not really good for anything, but you still can't help but smile when you see one tumble down the stairs.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Aardvark
    Hi

Is it possible to have the next thread/last thread links at the top of the page as well as at the bottom for ease of navigation.

Thanks

Elspeth
    Consider it done.... How's that for service then eh?

Hi

Thanks

Elspeth
    Blimey that was quick - or did I just miss it before ?

Thanks
    Elspeth Hackett
    Rep cornet - Brighton & Hove City Brass

Some people are like Slinkies....not really good for anything, but you still can't help but smile when you see one tumble down the stairs.

Talking

Blimey that was quick - or did I just miss it before ?

Thanks
    Nope you didn't miss it before... I was quick...

The Mansion, Flugel Land. FLU 6EL (Also known as Drogheda, Ireland)
    I use tMP sometimes at work in my lunch break (eg just now...). The "Remember Me" box is always ticked by default when I go to log in, so I have to untick it every time I log in. Is it possible to change that to be unticked by default? After all, if someone wants to be automatically logged in every time they visit, they would only have to tick that once .

Ta!
    Kirsty Kerr | Drogheda Brass Band - On the bench until mini flugelperson arrives, then we'll see what I'm up to playing!

logout not working...

the website (and its not just my computer at home - others doing it to me too) will not allow me to logout - this means scanning all the way through my computer files and removing the cookie for Tmp - this makes my computer forget that i ever visited tmp and who i am and my password - then have to open the site again - rather annoying.

would it be possible to fix this?

(btw i hope this is in the right place as i dont know where else to put it)
    "The pen is mightier than the sword, and considerably easier to write with"

RSS Feed

If possible, I know this is a little geeky, an RSS feed would me nice. Most other forums on the web have them now

How about a separate sports section, as most people would guess I am a bit sprot crazy and generally post in Random Chat and Off Topic, hopefully this would promote the discussion of sports and stop people without any interest having to view it? Just an idea?

Or, on a football forum I go on HERE they have a chatroom (see top of index), thats quite good. This would give tMP a more personal touch.

tMP Friend
    I think TMP is a good service, but sometimes im put of logging in because (particularly at home) it is very slow to load up, not so much at uni because its a really fast server!

Just wondering if theres a way to make it a bit faster?

Quote Originally Posted by madrich
    If possible, I know this is a little geeky, an RSS feed would me nice. Most other forums on the web have them now
    Try this in your news reader...

http://www.themouthpiece.com/vb/external.php

Let me know if you like it.

I will also soon be releasing some code that will allow users to post the last 'n' (up to 15) posts from tMP on their own site. More soon...

Quote Originally Posted by Scotty
    I think TMP is a good service, but sometimes im put of logging in because (particularly at home) it is very slow to load up, not so much at uni because its a really fast server!

Just wondering if theres a way to make it a bit faster?
    Try the 'Clean' or 'tMP Main' styles... they are much less graphic intensive than the default tMP303 which I will be moving away from as the default selected style soon.

Let me know if this improves things for you Scotty...

Cheers

Hmmmmm., I'm not allowed to use an animated GIF as an avatar any longer! Anything wrong or changed that we should know?

"You may not upload animated images."
    It's not how you play ... it's the way how you play it!

tMP Banding Boffin Award 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, tMP Saddo Award 2007, tMP Best Picture Award 2008

My Public Domain Arrangements

That's news to me BN - we'll check the settings (sounds like a new setting in the new version of the forum software).

Must say I quite like the idea of having no animated avatars............................but that's just me!

Quote Originally Posted by dyl
    Must say I quite like the idea of having no animated avatars............................but that's just me!

I agree

Quote Originally Posted by Sandman
    I agree
    - I dare you to change yours ...
    It's not how you play ... it's the way how you play it!

tMP Banding Boffin Award 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, tMP Saddo Award 2007, tMP Best Picture Award 2008

My Public Domain Arrangements

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast