Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: theMouthPiece.com Improvements & suggestions ...

theMouthPiece.com Improvements & suggestions ...

Hi everyone,

If you have any ideas or suggestions for new topics or categories, new features, in fact anything you think might improve the service we offer here at theMouthPiece.com, then please give us these ideas by either replying to this post or by simply posting a new thread in this category.

theMouthPiece.com has been set up with our members in mind and we want to provide a service that is needed and used, so please tell us if you have a great idea, we'll do our best to implement it ...

thanks

I dont know this is covered anywhere else but the forum has got quite big already and I will be eventually huge. Therefore would it be possible to add a Your Region category where idle gosip for each region can be aired. As the contest season comes up there would probably be some interesting views expressed for each area which wouldn't mean much to anyone else although any one would be welcome to post an opinion.
    MD Wetherby Silver Band
    www.wetherbysilverband.com

Good idea Alan - Also how about a forum per instrument (and baritone) too?

From a usability point of view, adding a gazillion new categories at the same time will probably cause some confusion, probably needing some sort of categorization of categories to sort it out..
    that's confusing enough by itself!

I can see the areas idea possibly being useful, although ye don't have to add one for my area - seeing as I'm here on my tod..

tMP Master Friend
    Quote Originally Posted by Keppler
    From a usability point of view, adding a gazillion new categories at the same time will probably cause some confusion, probably needing some sort of categorization of categories to sort it out..
    that's confusing enough by itself!

I can see the areas idea possibly being useful, although ye don't have to add one for my area - seeing as I'm here on my tod..
    Me too Kelper!! perhaps we could have a Scotland and Eire region

tMP Friend in Training
    i was just wondering (well acctually my mum again) it could be nice in the profile bit to know wot instruments people play.

my notes are always right ... ... ... um ... ... ... even the ones i play wrong

This can already be done if you put a note in the "interests" line.

tMP Friend in Training
    If you are going to lock a certain topic then could you please state why.
    It seems that there has been a lot more locked threads in the last couple of months. Sometimes it is obvious and other times it seems that people are having a laugh. Other times posts seemed to be loked for no reason.

When threads are locked "for no reason" it is because they are under discussion. Sometimes it's required for a single moderator to act in isolation - but it's a temporary measure until we decide as a group what actions to take.

Please read "under discussion" instead of "no reason"

We're doing our best to work for you here, thanks for bearing with us.

tMP Friend in Training
    Thanks for explaining that. Much appreciated.

Threads are locked for a specific reason. Usually we will explain the circumstances why this action has occured. But on other ocassions the Moderator(s) may sometimes have to consult with the Administrator before taking the appropriate action, which will often mean consulting with the individual who posted the original thread/post. This would mean that the reason cannot be stated until others have been contacted.
    Usually a thread will be locked if a Moderator feels that a thread or a post will cause offence to an individual(s).
    As the membership of theMouthpiece.com continues to grow it is enevitable that the likelyhood of 'unsavoury' posts will continue to grow too. It's a natural progression. In all fareness there have been very few posts locked considering the membership of this forum.

We will continue to give reasons for locking threads and posts, but if an explanation is not immediately forthcoming it is because it is being disscused by the Moderators team.

Thanks for your understanding in this matter.

Roger

Roger gets this month's "Repeating 2 posts above in far better language" award

Quote Originally Posted by Keppler
    Roger gets this month's "Repeating 2 posts above in far better language" award
    I know I talk a lot, but I didn't realilse that I do the same when I write something.

You sneaked in very quickly there Neal!

ahhh, but after seeing the 'offending' post and seeing no reason why it should be locked, maybe it would be possible for whoever locks it to add something like 'mod:locked and under discussion' no names need be disclosed, but at least we'd know it was done purposely.
    bibo ergo sum

"Most people leave their bodies to medical science, I'm leaving mine to Le Louvre!"

The fact that only the Adminstrator and Moderators can lock a thread I would presume people would realise it has been done purposely.

Threads are locked for a specific reason. Usually we will explain the circumstances why this action has occured. But on other ocassions the Moderator(s) may sometimes have to consult with the Administrator before taking the appropriate action, which will often mean consulting with the individual who posted the original thread/post. This would mean that the reason cannot be stated until others have been contacted.

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast