Thread: OK, here's what we are about ... Please Read

OK, here's what we are about ... Please Read

Hello Everyone,

Firstly, thank you very much for visiting theMouthPiece.com forums - we really do hope you find your visit interesting. In fact, we hope you find it interesting enough to come back and contribute to theMouthPiece.com on a regular basis, after all... it's your recurrent visit's and expert contributions that will inevitably make this WWW site successful.

By providing this website, we at theMouthPiece.com aim to present an opportunity to all Bandspeople for interesting, stimulating and thought provoking discussion regarding this thing that is dear to all our hearts... Banding!!. We want to do this independent of location and independent of whatever band is supported - from introductory and progressive learner bands through to the top class and outstanding bands of the day. All of the content on the site is provided by you, our members. We hope people from all over the world will at sometime contribute to the forums either by asking questions, posting opinions or by being the 'expert' and providing useful informative responses to those questions and opinions.

You ..., your voice can carry a powerful message and you can make a difference. Here at theMouthPiece.com is where that can be achieved. We firmly believe that this is a service that the banding world is shouting out for - a place to meet, chat and air opinions on a whole manner of current issues: adjudicators decisions - good or bad?, new music - difficult or easy , players and band performances - did they perform well or not etc - in fact, anything YOU feel is relevant.

• We want you to register and become a member of theMouthPiece.com forums.
    • We want swift growth of our membership in order to represent diverse opinion
    • We want and will continue to provide this free service as theMouthPiece.com expands.
    Thankyou for your visiting our site, thankyou for your support, and thankyou for helping us to provide what we believe is a valuable service to our wonderful world of Banding.

kind regards
    theMouthPiece.com team

Re: OK, here's what we are about ... Please Read

How do you do those bullet - points?!!

Btw. That was a very nice speech, and that is exactly what it should be for!
    Benjamin Tubb - Royal Northern College of Music Composition Graduate
    Now living in New York City, teaching music from Pre-K through 8th grade.

Hi homicidalbennyboy!!

Thanks for your kind words...

As for the bullet points... there is an explanation link in the BBCode line under options which appears directly underneath the smilie selection on the left of the post. If you click here ... http://themouthpiece.com/faq.php?mode=bbcode

this should explain everything...

Again, thanks for your kind words

John

Quote Originally Posted by TheMusicMan
    Hi homicidalbennyboy!!

Thanks for your kind words...

As for the bullet points... there is an explanation link in the BBCode line under options which appears directly underneath the smilie selection on the left of the post. If you click here ... http://themouthpiece.com/faq.php?mode=bbcode

Again, thanks for your kind words

John
    Hey, its alright!!!

Btw. you can call me Ben, saves you writing homocidalbennyboy over and over again - its not the easiest name in the world!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by TheMusicMan
    Hi homicidalbennyboy!!

John
    Thanx John, that was helpful and I know now how to insert

• Bullet Points
    1. Numbered Points

1. and
    2. Lettered Points!!!

Thanx

Referring to a tongue-in-cheek (I think) statement made by Frenchie (OK, if you haven't yet sussed, she's my other half and no, she didn't suggest I start the topic on French horns! ALL my own work, that one - and proud of it!), I would just like to ask that though tMP is, as is stated on this thread, about banding, I would like to think that all aspects of brass playing - including trumpeters like me and French hornists like Frenchie - and relevant topics and references - are welcome here. (Some of the posts in the French horn debate imply otherwise...) After all, the proud (and I should add highly accurate) description of this site is 'Simply the best brass forum on the web'

No offence intended, just a thought/request.

Kind regards

DP
    Dave Payn
    Conductor, Arran Brass

Perhaps we could have a new Section entitled "The OTHER lot"

or

"Non brass band music area"
    Steve - Cornet, Trumpet, Sop, Flugel, Post Horn.... uncle tom cobbly and all!

Alder Valley Brass
    Freedom Brass Ensemble

Staines Lammas Band

Had my first post deleted within minutes of posting it. It did appear briefly and then.... the lost post!

Is it something I did wrong? The post didn't contain any bad language and I don't think it was offensive or hyper-critical; less so than many of the posts still in the thread. or....

is there some hidden rule about criticising YBS or DK!

I only did it a little.