Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: The new - Brass Band League

Quote Originally Posted by All4Brass View Post
    Thank you for this. We had struggled with the Northern Regional area for a complete list of bands (& sections) as their web-site is currently no longer available like all the others.
    Have a look at Paddy's Northern Area thread. That has the bands in the right sections I think.
    Simon Dawson
    Cornet, Shepherd Group Brass Band

tMP Friend in Training
    Hi

York Railway Institute Band are in the North of England Area 2nd Section, however they do not seem to appear on any of your section tables.

tMP Friend in Training
    Thank you. The league shall become more populated as more bands compete.

tMP Senior Friend
    Do we need new cards n fotos to join in?

tMP Friend in Training
    We could make a fortune - but no, this is for every band and free!

tMP Friend in Training
    The Brass Band League has now been updated following the Regional Finals at the West of England, Scotland, the Midlands, Yorkshire and the North West - http://www.all4brass.com/brassbandleague.html

tMP Friend in Training
    THe Brass Band League (BBL) has now been fully updated following the Regional Finals - http://www.all4brass.com/brassbandleague.html

tMP Friend in Training
    Should points in the table not be awarded for the strength of the competing bands also?! I would say its harder to win a contest with 5 bands in such as Cory, Fodens, Dyke, Brighouse etc....then win a contest with 10 bands in with a lesser field. Quality not Quantity! Just thought I would ask
    Carlton Main Frickley Colliery Band
    Eb Bass
    Rob Browne

tMP Senior Friend
    Interesting idea - I'm still a bit confused about what contests you count though, I noticed that the ODBBA contest in Feb results weren't included, though the bands were largely competing against their section gradings? I guess this was just a mistake it was missed?

Good luck with this!
    Alan Duguid
    MD Redbridge Brass

Quote Originally Posted by Robbyboy View Post
    Should points in the table not be awarded for the strength of the competing bands also?! I would say its harder to win a contest with 5 bands in such as Cory, Fodens, Dyke, Brighouse etc....
    Quote Originally Posted by All4Brass View Post
    The bands are contained to their regional regions rather than across the board.
    The (perceived) strength of the field will not alter the point system - if you perform against Black Dyke or Joe Bloggs Brass etc, this would not make a difference.

Quote Originally Posted by cornetcheese View Post
    Interesting idea - I'm still a bit confused about what contests you count though, I noticed that the ODBBA contest in Feb results weren't included
    There weren't enough bands at the ODBBA contest; the league only awards points for contests with 5 or more bands.

(and I know its the wrong thread but what the h*ll.... HUGE congrats to you and Regent for your result on Sunday Alan!! )
    Alex
    my posts are my views only, I am not speaking for my band or any other organisation

tMP Senior Friend
    Doh - I didn't read this properly at all!

Huge congratulations to you guys too - I've always thought you have a really cracking band at Friary and I'm so glad that your hard work has been rewarded!
    Alan Duguid
    MD Redbridge Brass

tMP Friend in Training
    The Brass Band League has now been updated following the Buxton Brass Band Festival & SCABA Spring Contest this weekend - http://all4brass.com/index.html

tMP Friend in Training
    The Brass Band League has now been updated in the London & S.C. & West of England regions following the Scaba Entertainments Contest this weekend - http://all4brass.com/brassbandleague.html

tMP Friend in Training
    The Brass Band League has now been updated after the All England International Masters, seeing changes in the Midlands, Yorkshire, North of England, West of England, London & S.C. and Wales - http://www.all4brass.com/brassbandleague.html

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2