Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Results 16 to 30 of 30

Thread: spooky walk music ?

  1. #16
    tMP Friend for Life Will the Sec's Avatar
    Join Date
    27.02.2004
    Location
    London
    Posts
    3,781
    It's been thought about before... but never executed!
    Will Elsom

    My Score Exchange Site

    A man once accused of being able to write a melody...

    A wise man once said, "Pointing out a fallacy in someone's argument is not the same as pedantically and persistently pushing it down someone's throat whilst completely ignoring other points that are made."

  2. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by Will the Sec View Post
    It's been thought about before... but never executed!
    Thats not the same.
    Whilst I AM inviting comments about the whole idea...I am not inviting 'comments' about how a piece of music should progress.

    I am offering a framework for the original music itself for everyone to adapt to their own needs or change/fix/improve in total freedom.
    Not talking about doing, ...Actually 'doing'

    A "triangle cadenza" was suggested in the thread you refer to.

    Another suggestion

    "should be scored for 24 euphoniums and a triangle. With maybe another euphonium to give more tonal variation"


    If someone considered these suggestions a good idea there would be no barrier whatsoever to stop the adaption of the work in such a manner.
    However, I think most people would refer back to an earlier (non triangulated or Euphonium heavy) version of the score to build upon.

    The M-M-Pot facility is now live in FMFK


    I will upload Zoinks in MXML and MSCZ formats shortly for anyone to play about with and start to develop...or indeed bring to conclusion.
    Or adapt further after a conclusion is reached.
    Some virsion of Zoinks will be ready for Halloween and would be a positive project if it contained contributions from several composers

    Meanwhile, If anyone has any framework Scores or half finished works they also want to share..
    maybe even a theme/melody just send them into the Music Melting Pot


    I also have a few half finished and just started Scores I will place into the Pot


  3. #18
    Administrator phildriscoll's Avatar
    Join Date
    01.04.2008
    Location
    Leeds
    Posts
    113
    I suspect that finished works are likely to be most useful at the outset. I'm sure that we've all had times when we've needed to do things like move a solo from an Eb instrument to a Bb one, or put a hymn into a singable key, or some music into an easier key or range for beginners to play. Having access to the master files released under a licence which allows this kind of thing would be a boon.

    Where we lose out compared with software development, is that we lack the tools to merge contributions from multiple users. Programmers have tools like CVS and GIT which can selectively combine work from multiple simultaneous contributors. As far as I'm aware, the notation world has nothing like that, so managing a collaborative development would involve careful coordination and sequencing.

  4. #19
    I would expect a lot of chaos in the FMFK Music Melting Pot

    ... along with hopefully exciting tangents as composers with differing styles stamp a mark on work.

    I have also changed our accepted file type text on our 'Contact/Upload' page to notify users which master file types we accept.
    Master files of finished works under the creative commons licence below should allow exactly what we are looking for


    This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License.

  5. #20
    tMP Friend for Life Will the Sec's Avatar
    Join Date
    27.02.2004
    Location
    London
    Posts
    3,781
    Quote Originally Posted by its_jon View Post
    Snip
    Oy vay.
    Will Elsom

    My Score Exchange Site

    A man once accused of being able to write a melody...

    A wise man once said, "Pointing out a fallacy in someone's argument is not the same as pedantically and persistently pushing it down someone's throat whilst completely ignoring other points that are made."

  6. #21
    Will....

    No bad feeling intended... but on re-reading my post I accept it may have read a bit assertive.
    just got into the flow,,

    I do understand your point... I just wanted to ensure the idea was not lost or misinterpreted
    in the same way Philip Sparke idea was ridiculed in the thread you pointed out.

    sorry to have appeared abbrasive ?

  7. #22
    tMP Friend for Life Will the Sec's Avatar
    Join Date
    27.02.2004
    Location
    London
    Posts
    3,781
    If you empty your inbox I will respond.
    Will Elsom

    My Score Exchange Site

    A man once accused of being able to write a melody...

    A wise man once said, "Pointing out a fallacy in someone's argument is not the same as pedantically and persistently pushing it down someone's throat whilst completely ignoring other points that are made."

  8. #23
    Music Melting Pot now filled up with some original scores. HERE

    Some Editorial about the facility HERE

    ::
    pm's my box cant hold any more ... drop me a line at john_kirk@tiscali.co.uk

  9. #24
    tMP Friend for Life Thirteen Ball's Avatar
    Join Date
    28.04.2004
    Location
    Brighouse, Yorkshire
    Posts
    4,342
    Quote Originally Posted by its_jon View Post
    pm's my box cant hold any more ... drop me a line at john_kirk@tiscali.co.uk
    Then delete some.....
    Andi Cook: BBb Bass - Hebden Bridge
    Composer in Residence - Skelmanthorpe

    Find me at www.penninemusic.com and www.kirkleesmusic.co.uk
    Got a piece you want arranging? Email thirteen_ball_music@yahoo.co.uk or tweet @13BallMusic to discuss...

  10. #25
    I need them all due to reference held within them.

  11. #26
    tMP Friend for Life Will the Sec's Avatar
    Join Date
    27.02.2004
    Location
    London
    Posts
    3,781
    Save them to a word document or a text file.
    Will Elsom

    My Score Exchange Site

    A man once accused of being able to write a melody...

    A wise man once said, "Pointing out a fallacy in someone's argument is not the same as pedantically and persistently pushing it down someone's throat whilst completely ignoring other points that are made."

  12. #27
    Quote Originally Posted by Will the Sec View Post
    Save them to a word document or a text file.
    Many are required as evidence for forthcoming legal action pending 3 different actions.
    I would prefer the absolute originals in place.

    Meanwhile drop me a line at john_kirk@tiscali.co.uk
    Or via the contact page at fmfk

  13. #28
    tMP Senior Friend BassBlaster's Avatar
    Join Date
    28.09.2003
    Location
    Stroud, Glos
    Posts
    317
    And if wasn`t for you pesky kids I would have got away with it....

  14. #29
    Quote Originally Posted by BassBlaster View Post
    And if wasn`t for you pesky kids I would have got away with it....

  15. #30
    Zoinks ! now Finished

    Thanks for the help
    .

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •