What techniques are you using to amuse your selves and stay awake during rehearsals for "Academic Festibore"?
Here are a few suggestions.....
1. Swap instruments between each entry. Try it between long periods of bars rest, and then gradually see how few bars you can get it down to before you start colliding with each other.
2. Select the longest period of bars rest you can find. Then see if you can run to the nearest Pub, neck a pint of lager, and get back in time for the next entry.
3. See how many swear words you can find in the words " Brahms Academic Festival Overture"
4. Change the percussion instruments on the score completely. Try a run through substituting the snare drum, cymbal and bass drum for, A swannee whistle, Car Horn and a washboard. See how long it takes the MD to notice.
5. Pick a few pre- arranged entries, and come in either a bar early or a bar late ( but together as a section) when the MD spots it and makes you play it again,flaty deny you made an error and carry on making the same mistake all through rehearsal. Try and convince the MD he is loosing the plot.
6. Start a really low humming sound during your bars rest, increase the volume slowly. If questioned by the MD blame the central heating. Give it few minutes. Start doing it again.
7. Get all three of you to assume the Hussein Bolt post race pose. See how long you dare hold it without missing your next entry.
8. Keeping the Olympic theme going, get hold of your percussion part, roll it up in to the shape of an Olympic torch, set fire to it and run round the band room singing the theme from Chariots of Fire.