Brass Band Results
Eight things you (probably) didn't know about http://brassbandresults.co.uk/:
- Today, we have 108,078 distinct contest results. 75,929 of them have placings.
- You can see a map of bands taking part in any contest. See the link on the Geography tab - try the one at http://brassbandresults.co.uk/contes...ay/2012-06-01/ It's also interesting to see the map for old contests and see what happened to the bands since - the section shown on the map is their current section. http://brassbandresults.co.uk/contes...993-11-20/map/ is a good example - some bands are now in the first section, others are extinct.
- You can compare conductors with each other. Pick two conductors at brassbandresults.co.uk/compare/conductors/ - Nick and Bob Childs are extremely close (http://brassbandresults.co.uk/compar...robert-childs/)
- The full map at http://brassbandresults.co.uk/map/ contains nearly 3,500 bands (Thanks Dave). Pick any region at http://brassbandresults.co.uk/regions/ to see a map of just that region. You can search the map at http://brassbandresults.co.uk/map/search/
- You can build up your own contest history on the site. Once you've done this it'll tell you when you've played particular pieces, or when you've been adjudicated by a particular adjudicator.
- Conductors, Adjudicators and Composers can support the project and personalise their page with a low cost paid profile. See http://brassbandresults.co.uk/conductors/ray-farr/ for an example. Click the Personalise This Page button on your page to add a profile.
- Bands can also take control of their page with a low cost paid profile, and advertise concerts and player vacancies. See http://brassbandresults.co.uk/bands/...mperance-band/ for an example. This also gives you access to a tool which will let you submit news to multiple brass band news publications. Click the Personalise This Page button on your band page to add a profile.
- We have many programme covers on the site, including some old contest programmes. Here's the full Crystal Palace programme from 1933, http://brassbandresults.co.uk/contes...-30/programme/