Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: Brass Band Registry taking industrial action against BFBB

tMP Friend in Training
    Latest update from BBBR & BFBB at www.all4brass.com

tMP Friend
    Judging by todays email the talks are not going well as the BBBR are locked out of their office still.

It's hard as we don't know the whole story, by the BFBB certainly appear to taking the role of villain.
    Chris Hatch - Soprano - Pendeen Band - Like Us On Facebook - Follow Us On Twitter
    Available for depping in West / Mid Cornwall on sop or Bb cornet.
    Affordable website design from Zedoary.
    Pendeen Band are recruiting - cornets, 2nd baritone, and BBb bass + all others welcome

tMP Friend in Training
    Frank Hodges writes to BFBB & requests keys be given to BBBR staff, as they're still locked out.

More at www.all4brass.com

tMP Friend in Training Ex-Pat BBb's Avatar
    Stick these in your pipe and smoke 'em BFBB..

http://www.4barsrest.com/news/detail.asp?id=15586

http://www.4barsrest.com/news/detail.asp?id=15585

So glad i'm on the other side of the world, just played at NZ nationals, no registry cards, no hassles, no complaints.
    That would be an ecumenical matter

That first article scares me.

I'm also not sure why or how the BFBB can 'discuss the legality of the BBBR' (2nd article), unless they mean the legality of the dispute? Does this mean that member bands subscriptions could be used to pay lawyers? Do we get a say in this?
    Ian Hayto | Flugel | Enderby Band

Banned
    Why does the first article scare you?

And subscriptions will be used for running of the organisation. if this includes legal costs then so be it. One of the many joys of being membership of some enforced over arching body.

tMP Senior Friend
    An enforced body that people choose whether to join or not?

Banned
    Potentially mixing my arguments here

tMP Friend
    I think Kapitol has no choice but to put their own arrangements in place to ensure their company is safe.
    Any well planned company would do the same. The fact that this company deals with Brass Bands shouldn't make a difference.

tMP Senior Friend
    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisHatch View Post
    Judging by todays email the talks are not going well as the BBBR are locked out of their office still.

It's hard as we don't know the whole story, by the BFBB certainly appear to taking the role of villain.
    I think it's all along been more the BFBB being cast in that role because they haven't been making statements every 5 minutes (for obvious reasons if you read today's update)

tMP Friend in Training
    Details of the press conference held by the BFBB are now available at www.all4brass.com

Am I missing something here? The press release given to 4barsrest is replicated on the all4brass site interrupted by "questions" - Were there actually any questions put or asked?
    Mr Francis Hargate
    EEb Bass - Dronfield Genquip Band
    www.dronfieldband.co.uk

tMP Friend
    No, you're not missing anything.
    Chris Hatch - Soprano - Pendeen Band - Like Us On Facebook - Follow Us On Twitter
    Available for depping in West / Mid Cornwall on sop or Bb cornet.
    Affordable website design from Zedoary.
    Pendeen Band are recruiting - cornets, 2nd baritone, and BBb bass + all others welcome

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by marc71178 View Post
    I think it's all along been more the BFBB being cast in that role because they haven't been making statements every 5 minutes (for obvious reasons if you read today's update)
    Ignoring any rights or wrongs of this particular dispute, this is the very reason I often take a dim view on people hammering about their personal injustices in public (with the odd exception). People should most definitely follow the correct options open to them to resolution before shouting about it - especially when the other party is not making similar public statements of disgust.

I find myself a little bit biaised in that, in my personal experience, I have found that the 'wronged-party' is often the party mostly at fault. AGAIN, this is no indication of rights and wrongs in this specific case (I have always found the people at the registry to be extremely helpful), just how I feel this type of public 'enragement' can have a negative impact on the parties involved, the outcome of the dispute, and the movement in general.

As far as the approach to public comments, I think the BFBB's approach has been the correct one.

tMP Senior Friend Bob Sherunkle's Avatar
    Who is (or are) All4Bras?

And what do they want?
    The voice of reason

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast