Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Anyone got a DW2L old style Tuba MP for sale ?

tMP Friend in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by iancwilx View Post
    You know how tight I am Colin, rather than pay up I'd kidnap one of Leighs multitudinous family and hold them to ransom until the mouthpiece was returned !!
    Hope all is well with you and everyone at Kip. I gather you all had a great time in Durham, it's a great experience isn't it ? (Apart from the early start!)
    Yes it was a good day. To be honest I was suprised as I didn't think it was as long as some of the Yorkshire miners demos that we have done in the past. Although we didnt go through the centre of Durham more from the south as we were representing Bowburn who always use that route.
    Colin Moss. Euphonium Kippax Band

Quote Originally Posted by Mossca View Post
    Yes it was a good day. To be honest I was suprised as I didn't think it was as long as some of the Yorkshire miners demos that we have done in the past. Although we didnt go through the centre of Durham more from the south as we were representing Bowburn who always use that route.
    I remember Barnsley Miners Dem being a killer with the very last stint up a steep hill. Roy Marsden was turning the air as blue as his face as we tramped the last 100 yards.
    Donny and Wakey were a doddle by comparison. The one killer march, not a dem, that sticks in my mind was at Wrenthorpe. Me Yeatman and Spenner (Playing Solo Trom) in the front row (3 abreast) on a hot sunny day. It seemed to go on for miles until we arrived at a pub and got a pint in. Fifteen mins later to our complete surprise and consternation, the organiser shouted " Right guys let's get back on the road, we're only half way you know".
    We must have played "National Emblem" a dozen times ~ Happy days though Col.
    - Mr Wilx

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2