Thread: Instrument Valuations

tMP Friend for Life Anno Draconis's Avatar

Instrument Valuations

Can anyone recommend the most efficient way of getting a band's stock of instruments valued?

My current band doesn't have much of a handle on what the instrument stock is worth, so I've been cataloguing it - I have an excel spreadsheet on the go which has make, model, YOM (if I can find it) and condition for each instrument, but I could do with finding someone who could put a rough value on this. There might also be some sales to be made out of helping with this, as we need a new BBb bass and would be looking to part-ex some of the old stock against it if there's any PX value in any of it.

Trouble is, I don't really know who to ask - anyone got any ideas?

Thanks in advance...
    Andrew Baker

tMP Newbie
    Would be really interested in the answer to this as looking to do something similar at my band... We've a detailed instrument list but nothing further in terms of value!

tMP Master Friend
    Quote Originally Posted by muteblower View Post
    Would be really interested in the answer to this as looking to do something similar at my band... We've a detailed instrument list but nothing further in terms of value!
    I would suggest that you call or email the boys at Trevada Music. Their details are in their website.
    ----------------------
    Simon Phillips

tMP Friend
    Quote Originally Posted by simonium View Post
    I would suggest that you call or email the boys at Trevada Music. Their details are in their website.
    Yes because they always give the best deal, not! lol

tMP Friend in Training
    Andrew, would speak to the usual suspects of Mc Queens and Music Celler Preston, also worth giving Glyn Willams a bell as i think and i am bound to be corrected he valued BT / Stockport brass's instruments when the band folded.

Regards
    Colin Doran,

BBb Bass monkey Leyland Band

please note that the above comments are my personal thoughts only and do not reflect any opinion of any one else or the band that I play for / represent