Thread: New Zealand Nationals - Live Broadcast this weekend

tMP Friend in Training

Thumbs up New Zealand Nationals - Live Broadcast this weekend

Hi Everyone

Just letting you know I'll be doing a live streamed video broadcast of the New Zealand Nationals this Friday/Saturday/Sunday, from Timaru on New Zealand's south island.

I just had an internet connection put in today so fingers crossed it is fast enough to bring you all some more high quality sound and vision.

Naturally, I'll grab some interviews with the most interesting people. I'll also do my best to bring you the street march - but no promises there.

Stream will be delivered to www.brassbanned.com as well as a few other sites. If you're interested in hosting the video player on your own website let me know - I'm not fussy about where it's viewed from as long as lots of people watch. It's a straight embed and not at all intensive on your own hosting servers.

Cheers

Tim

tMP Friend in Training

Cool

Are you pumped?

Stream starts Friday morning at 8:30am local time. Timaru, on NZ's South Island is GMT +12, so I figure if you're in the UK the stream will probably start 8:30pm Thursday night?

B grade is on first, with A grade beginning about 4pm and probably going til 8pm (so 4am - 8am Friday morning for UK viewers....you'll be up early, right?). Then back on around the same times again on Saturday (or Friday night for the UK).

B and A will play Hymn and Test piece on day 1 and own choice day 2.

Breath of Souls is the test piece for A grade (I know because i'm playing it). Not sure about B grade (because i'm not playing in it) but if I find out I'll let you know.

Watch it if you like, don't watch it if you don't like.

It'll be at http://www.brassbanned.com/live/ as well as probably on some other sites. There is some fun twitter/facebook/instagram intergration, as well as a live chat that all viewers can participate in.

Fingers crossed I'll be providing the same type of service for the Scottish Nationals later this year.

Enjoy

tMP Friend for Life Will the Sec's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by blue steel View Post
    Enjoy
    I am!
    Will Elsom

My Score Exchange Site

A man once accused of being able to write a melody...

A wise man once said, "Pointing out a fallacy in someone's argument is not the same as pedantically and persistently pushing it down someone's throat whilst completely ignoring other points that are made."

just wanted to say great job with the feed matey and great job with the commentary provided much amusement over the weekend. The quality of feed was excellent as well no buffering issues or lag and clarity of picture and sound was awesome. I only hope that someone can provide you with the backing and support to get you over to the UK to start doing the contests there as it would be great to see a lot of my old friends on stage. Cheers matey
    Darren Jones
    Soprano/Bb Cornet/Trumpet

tMP Friend in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by dazzyboy View Post
    just wanted to say great job with the feed matey and great job with the commentary provided much amusement over the weekend. The quality of feed was excellent as well no buffering issues or lag and clarity of picture and sound was awesome. I only hope that someone can provide you with the backing and support to get you over to the UK to start doing the contests there as it would be great to see a lot of my old friends on stage. Cheers matey
    Thanks...glad you enjoyed.

Fingers crossed I get around to more contests fairly soon. I've just upgraded some of my toys at work to do some propper HD resolutions. Keep an eye out for whatever comes up next, I think it will be looking pretty sweet.