Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Best Modern Cornet Solo

tMP Prime Friend WorldofBrass.com's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by johnflugel View Post
    By modern do you mean ones that are not traditional theme and variations? I ask because Golden Slippers is 40 years old, Life Abundant must be around 30, Song of Exultation over 30 (?), Song and Dance must be near 20 years old and the Curnow must be nearly 15 now....
    That's the theory I was working on, John.

tMP Friend for Life KMJ Recordings's Avatar
    If you're looking for something movement based, you could check out Peter Meechan's Manchester Concertino .

I've also had a commission from Ben Tubb called "Metamorphosis", though I don't know if it's commercially available yet.....although I'm sure it will be after July.....
    The views expressed in posts on non-recording and non-technical matters are the personal opinion of the Author, and are not necessarily representative of KMJ Recordings.
    Keith Johnson
    http://www.kmjrecordings.co.uk
    Find us on FACEBOOK

tMP Friend in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by johnflugel View Post
    By modern do you mean ones that are not traditional theme and variations? I ask because Golden Slippers is 40 years old, Life Abundant must be around 30, Song of Exultation over 30 (?), Song and Dance must be near 20 years old and the Curnow must be nearly 15 now....
    By wanting a newer solo, I don't really mean time-wise... Maybe I worded the original question a bit vaguely!
    What I mean is exactly what Daisy Duck said - 'something a little more original that hasn't been heard a million times before!'

Thanks for the suggestions everyone - I will have a listen to them all later on!
    Luke Dempsey

tMP Friend in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by KMJ Recordings View Post
    If you're looking for something movement based, you could check out Peter Meechan's Manchester Concertino .
    That sounds great - will listen when I get the chance!
    I love Ben Tubb's music too!
    Luke Dempsey

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2