The closing date for this contest is the 18th May 2012
If your band hasnt entered but would like to then get your entries in now there are 3 places left
The rules are
1. The Contest is for 3rd and 4th section (national grading) and unregistered bands only.
2. Eligible Players. All Players should be registered or bona fida members of the respective band. (If in doubt about any eligible players, please contact the contest secretary) Each band is allowed to borrow up to three players to fill vacant seats within your band. These borrowed players must not occupy major seats, must not feature as a stand up soloist and must not be registered with bands higher than the 3rd section. The maximum limit for players on the stage is 30 plus percussion. This rule is not intended to enable bands who have only 25 or 26 players to borrow players up to the maximum 30, its intention is to allow bands who otherwise would be struggling, to participate.
If any band is found to use players from bands higher than 3rd section, that band will be disqualified from the contest
3. Individual bands own choice entertainment programme of no more than 25 minutes, bands must include 1 solo item and provide their own Compere.
The band will be timed from the first note to the last note of the performance. Time taken for introductions and announcements during the performance will be included in the 25 minutes. Any announcements made before the first note or applause after the final note of the performance will not be timed. Bands who exceed this time limit will be penalised at a rate of 1 point for every minute.
4. The contest will be pre-drawn on Friday 25th May and participating bands will be informed
of the draw by email.
5 Percussion is supplied by ICCB, a list will be sent to each band of items included. Percussionists should provide all sticks / beaters etc.
6. The bands programme and percussion layout is to be forwarded to the contest committee no later than the 10th June 2012. Music scores for the adjudicator should be brought on the day and should be handed to the contest controller on arrival
7. One band official is needed to represent their band and act as adjudicator for the Bands Award Prize. This official will be needed at the contest venue 30 minutes before the start of the contest. (They do not vote on their own bands performance)
8. There will be 3 adjudicators,
1 in open adjudication for music, determining places 1 to 3 and best Soloist.
1 in open adjudication for entertainment and 1 for deportment,
The Entertainment judge will be marking out of 25
• Musical Choice
The Deportment judge will be marking out of 25
• Deportment on and off stage
• Stage presence
Both the Entertainment and Deportment marks will be totalled to determine the winner of the Entertainment and Deportment Trophy
9. A licensed bar is open on the day of the contest; the consumption of alcohol brought into the event by individuals is prohibited.
10 In all matters relating to the running and organisation of the contest, the decision of the contest committee will be final.
1st Place – trophy + £300
2nd Place – trophy + £200
3rd Place – trophy + £100
Best Soloist – trophy
Bands Award – trophy
Entertainment & Deportment – trophy
We have tried to keep rules for the event to a minimum as the intention of the contest is for the players to enjoy the experience.
If you have any questions regarding the rules please contact the contest committee, via e mail to the
ICCB band secretary Mrs Paula Weighill (firstname.lastname@example.org)