Thread: Regional Committee's

tMP Friend in Training

Regional Committee's

What are people's thoughts on announcing the Area adjudicators in public prior to contests? And as with the Midlands have on 4br today this far ahead of the contest for 2013?
    Jason Ferris
    Percussionist & Conductor

tMP Friend in Training Stracathro's Avatar
    Does it make any difference whether the bands find out a year before, two weeks before or when the adjudicators walk on to the stage?

I suppose it would guide some bands as to who they could / could not get in to help prepare them for the areas.

I bet a tenner that by the bottom of this page we're having a debate about open/closed adjudication.
    Marc Nethercot

Trombone Dalewool Auckland Brass

Quote Originally Posted by Stracathro View Post
    Does it make any difference whether the bands find out a year before, two weeks before or when the adjudicators walk on to the stage?
    Absolutely, yes! Given Brangwyngate last year and various comments on twitbook about some of the appointments this year, I think the more notice the better to ensure there's no more suspicions and accusations about working relationships between adjudicators and bands.
    It also gives the bands/MDs more of an opportunity to think about tailoring their interpretation of the piece to the specific judges.
    Alex
    my posts are my views only, I am not speaking for my band or any other organisation