+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Vic Eyre 1942 - 2012

tMP Friend in Training

Vic Eyre 1942 - 2012

It was with great sadness that the Pleasley Colliery Welfare Band learnt of the death last Saturday of sop player Vic Eyre .
    Vic started playing in Kirkby Collieries Junior Band in the early fifties on Tenor Horn at around 10 yrs old. Moving on to Cornet with the Kirkby Old Band.
    He then enjoyed a long association with the Teversal /Blidworth Colliery Band before moving to Newstead Band and finally at the age of 70 playing with Pleasley Colliery Welfare Band.
    Pleasley M.D. Keith Buxton said,
    "Vic had a reputation as a fine player and a first class bandsman. He was one of bandings true gentlemen.
    He will be greatly missed by his many friends within the banding community."
    Funeral details are as yet unknown but the family have requested that a band play at the service.
    Any one who would like to play is asked to contact Keith Buxton on 07828615481 or e-mail at keithlisa1@ntlworld.com
    The band send their condolences to the family at this sad time.
    Keith Buxton.
    Musical Director
    Pleasley Colliery Welfare Band.

I couldnt agree more Bugsy. I first met Vic when I was at Kirkby in the mid 90's, he was equally adept at Sop or front row, and a true gentlemen. Another one of Nottinghamshire's lovely characters gone. He will definitely be missed.
    Richard Walker
    Lead Alto - Bone On Trombone Choir

"Once during Prohibition I was forced to live for days on nothing but food and water." --W. C. Fields

tMP Friend in Training
    Vic's funeral will be held on Friday 4th May 2.00 at Mansfield Crematorium. Can anyone wishing to play please let me know asap. I am hoping to hold a rehearsal on Tuesday May 1st possibly at Pleasley Welfare.
    Keith Buxton.
    Musical Director

tMP Friend in Training
    Thanks everyone who got in touch,we now have more than a full band,the response has been overwhelming.It just goes to show how liked and respected Vic was.
    The rehearsal will go ahead as planned on Tuesday night at Pleasley Miners' Welfare 8.00 start.
    Thanks again to everyone who got in touch. I have passed on all your regards and best wishes to the family.
    Keith Buxton.
    Musical Director

+ Reply to Thread