Thread: Gary Speed

Gary Speed

Just heard the dreadful news that Gary Speed was found dead at his home this morning.
    He was only 42.

A sad loss to the game of football.

My thoughts are with his family.

RIP Gary Speed
    Kev Mann
    Ex Player

Music expresses that which cannot be said and on which it is impossible to be silent.- Victor Hugo.

Such a sad loss
    Looking forward to 2013 with so much in stall

A bit selfish to hang yourself in the family home though.
    Blow in the little end. Noise comes out the Big end.
    Simples !

Better to be a Has Been, than a Never Was!

tMP Friend for Life Thirteen Ball's Avatar
    What on earth could drive a man with such good prospects, financial security, huge respect from both fans and his peers, and a young family to take his own life. It just defies belief.....
    Andi Cook: BBb Bass - Hebden Bridge
    Composer in Residence - Skelmanthorpe

Find me at www.penninemusic.com and www.kirkleesmusic.co.uk
    Got a piece you want arranging? Email thirteen_ball_music@yahoo.co.uk or tweet @13BallMusic to discuss...

Very emotional tribute to Gary Speed last night. Well done all those present.

Shame some so called Leeds 'fans' couldn't be as sympathetic -I got a really bad taste joke when the news of Speed's death broke, from one particular Leeds 'fan' (not sure he ever bothers going to games) And they wonder why they're so hated!
    Andrew Garrett
    Currently bandless in the UAE.

tMP Friend for Life Thirteen Ball's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by manx_yessir View Post
    Shame some so called Leeds 'fans' couldn't be as sympathetic -I got a really bad taste joke when the news of Speed's death broke, from one particular Leeds 'fan' (not sure he ever bothers going to games) And they wonder why they're so hated!
    Doesn't do to tar all club fans with the same brush though Manx. One of my best mates is a Leeds fan and he was absolutely gutted by the whole episode.

There are a minority of morons in every football club. Unfortunately sporting organisations seem to attract them......
    Andi Cook: BBb Bass - Hebden Bridge
    Composer in Residence - Skelmanthorpe

Find me at www.penninemusic.com and www.kirkleesmusic.co.uk
    Got a piece you want arranging? Email thirteen_ball_music@yahoo.co.uk or tweet @13BallMusic to discuss...

Fair point Andi. I should have wrote shame how 'some' so called Leeds fans...

And I agree, it's these morons who let the rest of us down, like the couple of idiots in the Kop who made racist remarks/suggestions to opposition players :-/
    Andrew Garrett
    Currently bandless in the UAE.

Quote Originally Posted by manx_yessir View Post
    Very emotional tribute to Gary Speed last night. Well done all those present.

Bit of homework for you, look up what Leeds fans did to show their respects to Gary Speed when they visited Nottingham Forest (a few days after his death). Then you might revise your ludicrous generalisation.
    "Sometimes I wish I had been more spontaneous. I feel like going out, stealing a traffic cone, putting it on my head and saying 'Look at me, I'm a Giant witch'"