Thread: Free Scores & Parts ...

Free Scores & Parts ...

I thought I'd start a new thread if anybody wants to give free compositions & arrangements to bands, ensembles & soloists.

I want to share an arrangement of Resphigi's first suite of Ancient Airs & Dances to anyone interested. There is a problem with Score Exchange at the moment uploading scores, as written instructions for expression seem to include notation such as quavers replacing lower case "e"s but this is not on my Sibelius nor pdf versions of my efforts. Links to both Scorch scores (other movements are linked to first) and my pdf copies are below. I recently sent score/parts to Munich Brass to work on. I had a particular band in mind when I worked on it.

Resphigi - Scorch Score

PDF Score & Parts

cheers, Tom
    It's not how you play ... it's the way how you play it!

tMP Banding Boffin Award 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, tMP Saddo Award 2007, tMP Best Picture Award 2008

My Public Domain Arrangements

"Free sores and Parts" ~ I thought you got those from horse riding or other dubious activities Ha ! Ha !

- Mr Wilx
    - Mr Wilx

Quote Originally Posted by iancwilx View Post
    "Free sores and Parts" ~ I thought you got those from horse riding or other dubious activities Ha ! Ha !

- Mr Wilx
    Lol! Ian, I saw that after I posted and made the typo! It should be corrected shortly I hope ...

tMP Banding Boffin Award 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, tMP Saddo Award 2007, tMP Best Picture Award 2008

- Mr Wilx

Quote Originally Posted by brassneck View Post
    Lol! Ian, I saw that after I posted and made the typo! It should be corrected shortly I hope ...
    All sore-ted.....
    Ian Hayto | Flugel | Enderby Band

Quote Originally Posted by WoodenFlugel View Post

All sore-ted.....
    ... ...

Let he who is without typo............etc !

- Mr Wilx
    - Mr Wilx

tMP Friend in Training Creu Cerdd's Avatar
    Great idea Tom, and in line with Making Music Wales and Ty Cerdd's forthcoming Classic FM 123sing! Cymru event at the Wales Millennium Centre on Sunday October 2 (14:00 start for interested parties - see www.makingmusicwales.org.uk for details) Making Music and Ty Cerdd are making a selection of traditional Welsh melodies for brass band and choir available to bands to download for free from the Making Music Wales website

The music can be found direct here while the choral parts that fit with them can also be found here

Further information on the 123sing! Cymru event by the way can be found at www.makingmusicwales.org.uk/123sing-cymru.html Everyone is welcome to attend and get involved - Sunday October 2, Wales Millennium Centre, Cardiff Bay, 14:00 start
    Last edited by Creu Cerdd; 15.09.2011 at 16:22. Reason: hyperlink added
    Making Music Wales
    Creu Cerdd Cymru
    www.makingmusicwales.org.uk

Let he who is without typo............etc !

- Mr Wilx
    'tis now a typex ...

Quote Originally Posted by brassneck View Post
    I thought I'd start a new thread if anybody wants to give free compositions & arrangements to bands, ensembles & soloists.

I want to share an arrangement of Resphigi's first suite of Ancient Airs & Dances to anyone interested. There is a problem with Score Exchange at the moment uploading scores, as written instructions for expression seem to include notation such as quavers replacing lower case "e"s but this is not on my Sibelius nor pdf versions of my efforts. Links to both Scorch scores (other movements are linked to first) and my pdf copies are below. I recently sent score/parts to Munich Brass to work on. I had a particular band in mind when I worked on it.

Resphigi - Scorch Score

PDF Score & Parts

cheers, Tom
    Tom

Brass Band Muenchen also have three of my arrangements. They can be found on: http://www.brytfor.co.uk/brassbandmuenchen.htm

Free to print if anyone wants them.

Barry
    Barry Brookes
    Telford

A great idea all round, I know folks have to earn a crust, and agree that hard work should be rewarded. However when music is available free to use, then I reckon it should be given as wide an audience as possible.
    Resting from banding.

I forgot to post this freebie offer ... sorry! It's coming up close to the Olympics now and this is an arrangement of a march by Josef Suk that won a silver medal for composition at the 1932 Olympics. John Williams also featured it on an album featuring famous Olympic related music. Review it here ... http://www.scoreexchange.com/scores/91840.html and download a zipfile of both score & parts here ... https://dl.dropbox.com/u/24275635/To...New%20Life.zip

Here's the original version of Josef Suk's "Toward A New Life" performed by the Boston Pops Orchestra conducted by John Williams ... see last post.